Photo

Dreams Cabo Brides

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#821 ~Angela~

~Angela~
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Oooh, good info, Cindy!! I never even thought about switching the resort photography for more video. I think I'd like to do that too, since we're bringing our photographer with us.

#822 Cindy*

Cindy*
    • 2,655 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

Angela, you definitely should. I was told we can switch anything as long as it is in the same category - i.e. photography for video, bridal hair and makeup for other spa services, etc.

#823 kiwibride

kiwibride
      • 275 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

I have just booked Dreams for 11th April 2011!

#824 littlemisssunshine

littlemisssunshine
        • Site Supporter
        • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

Hi Ladies! We are hoping to book at Dreams Cabo for either end of June or beginning of July 2011. We live in Virginia but most of our guest are coming from Canada (Calgary and Toronto) since that's where we're from. Just wondering what route you all took to book things? Local travel agent? I'm kind of confused about the whole thing really! I contacted Tammy on here but she said she could only book the hotel for our guest and not flights because they are from Canada I'm assuming. I would rather have things as a package since I imagine it would be cheaper. Just wanted to ask another Canadian Dreams bride how she went about it :)
          Getting married June 30, 2011 :)

#825 merby06

merby06
          • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

I'm getting married on September 11, 2010! Only a couple months away...David Ruiz is my wedding planner at Dreams in Los Cabos. Is anyone else using him? Thoughts on him, not sure what to think and I'm getting nervous with only 2 months until the BIG DAY.

#826 proti007

proti007
            • 467 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hi Dreams Brides!

After narrowing down the search over the past six weeks, my FI and I are ready to book at Dreams! We're looking into the second week of July, 2011. I emailed in my info through the Dreams website last week, but have not heard a response yet...from what I understand of all of the posts I've read so far, this is pretty typical! Just a bit anxious, and want to have a date set!!!!

A question to all of the Canadian Brides: how did you go about booking the rooms? Did you get a group rate on nights at the hotel from Dreams and book seperate flights, or did you go through an agent (AMA?) or do a package (Westjet Vacations, etc).

Can't wait to hear some of your responses, and hear back from Dreams!!!

Natalie

#827 proti007

proti007
              • 467 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

LMS I have a lot of the same questions! Any Canadian brides who can help, that would be great!!!

#828 ~Angela~

~Angela~
                • 4,172 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

We got a travel agent and did the whole group rate thing. The company my agent goes through is Sunquest and honestly, they suck. However, they CAN because they are one of the few companies that provide flight and accommodation packages to Mexico and the Caribbean.

We are flying on WestJet which I know will be wonderful. Originally, it was SkyService but then they went under, so WestJet stepped in and saved us!

The group rate we've found was not really a great deal. We could book now and pay almost less than what we're paying. At one point, we could've paid $800 less per person!

However, we also knew we didn't want to take any chances with our wedding. It is what it is and when I am in Cabo at Dreams a week from now, I won't have a care in the world!!!!

Good luck!

#829 Cindy*

Cindy*
                  • 2,655 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

I also booked a group package through Sunquest and flying Westjet. We ran into a few bumps like them telling us the flight was sold out nearly 8 months before the wedding but then telling us several weeks later, after some of our guests had booked other flights that the flight had seats again. But overall it has been pretty good. We did not have the same experience as Angela in terms of rates. I have yet to find a rate cheaper than ours on the internet and trust me, many of my guests have searched. They all seem convinced they can find a cheaper rate but then end up booking the package when they realize they can't. I would suggest get some package rates and shop around, go with what makes the most sense to you in terms of package or no package. I don't recommend booking rooms directly through the hotel though, I believe most travel agents will get you a better rate than booking with the hotel directly.

#830 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine
                    Hi Ladies! We are hoping to book at Dreams Cabo for either end of June or beginning of July 2011. We live in Virginia but most of our guest are coming from Canada (Calgary and Toronto) since that's where we're from. Just wondering what route you all took to book things? Local travel agent? I'm kind of confused about the whole thing really! I contacted Tammy on here but she said she could only book the hotel for our guest and not flights because they are from Canada I'm assuming. I would rather have things as a package since I imagine it would be cheaper. Just wanted to ask another Canadian Dreams bride how she went about it :)
                    Hi Littlemiss,

if your guests are ready to book as a package, they should do so from a canadian supplier. we have a canadian agent on here so if you want me to forwrd your email to her, i can.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users