• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#651 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,532 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

What is everyone doing for ceremony music?

#652 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

Well, I am having the guitar harp duo thru dreams. DARN it I can not find the website for the life of me right now.

Brb

#653 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:22 AM

Okay found it, thought I was going crazy for a minute: arpa en los cabos

I am not sure what I am going to do for the exact pieces or what I will walk down to. I only have 2 BM's so I mean do we all walk down to the same song? Or should they play part of the song for them and then change to a new song for me?? Ahh so confusing.

#654 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
        • LocationToronto

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

I just remembered, so I had this amazing trio at our ceremony...they sang and played piano (keyboard) harp and something else. They were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing though!! even for the ceremony music. The lead lady had an incredible voice. I got them through the Church, but I am pretty sure they'd be able to come to the hotel and sing too. I finally watched our wedding DVD and I was blown away by the music. So maybe that would be an option too for you girls. I think they were $350USD for a couple of hours.

#655 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

Dreams Brides 09’

Olga 6.18.09
          Gaby 6.24.09

Akilah 7.4.09
          Megaen 7.10.09
          Tralalalala21 7.18.09
          Deanna 7.24.09

Hayley 8.1.09
          Glamourina 8.8.09
          Hbs Bride aka Tiffany 8.22.09
          FutureMrs.S 8.29.09

Jenn 9.7.09
          Kristy (SoontobeMrs.L) 9.9.09
          Jacob and Jen 9.11.09

Kmvaz 10.2.09
          TClement 10.3.09
          Krazy K 10.10.09
          Cynthia 10.16.09
          Laura Z 10.17.09
          Heather 10.21.09
          Marise 10.26.09

Erika 11.6.09
          JGammaGirl 11.14.09
          Dana 11.19.09

Dreams Brides 10’:
          Melette 1.21.10
          TheFutureMrsBrown 2.6.10
          Tricia 4.17.10
          djelvisp (Elvis and Ashley) 5.8.10
          Gossip Girl (Lori) 10.10.10
          Stachr 11.12.10

#656 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:29 AM

Erika how much is the trio you're getting?

My WC quoted me $450 for an hour for this one Mexican trio - I think they are guitar, and she said they will learn whatever song(s) you want them to learn, which I really like. Ever since I've been engaged I've had a song I wanted to walk down the aisle to so I'd be really happy if they could learn it. I'm wondering if I can convince them to do an hour and a half for $500...still seems like a lot but it will be worth it if they're good I think! We want them for the ceremony (15 mins) and the cocktail hour (1 hr 15 mins?)

I think I'd rather just have like 3 guitars as opposed to harps etc but I don't know! Maybe I need to search YouTube to see if I can find videos of different trios at Dreams...??

#657 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Erika J
              Okay found it, thought I was going crazy for a minute: arpa en los cabos

I am not sure what I am going to do for the exact pieces or what I will walk down to. I only have 2 BM's so I mean do we all walk down to the same song? Or should they play part of the song for them and then change to a new song for me?? Ahh so confusing.
              Erika I think it depends how long your walk down the aisle is? I'm considering using the same song for my bm's and myself...I know it's nice for a bride to have "her own song" but I don't know, I don't think I care that much. And it will be easier for timing to have them all on one song. As long as we can get it all done in enough time...I think the walk down to the beach is kinda long. I need to do more research on that!

#658 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

I hear you on the song thing, I would rather have one beautiful song and not chopped up songs, I mean there are not many people to walk down the aisle.

Marianna quoted my $350 for the trio or the duo. I asked her like a million times about keeping them for 1.5 (ceremony and full cocktail hour). She assured me that I only needed them for 1 hour and as they stop playing people will make their way to the reception. Since I did the ultimate package, the 1 hour of the duo or trio is included.

Basically I was like, she does how many weddings, if she thinks one hour is fine, i should just trust it.

#659 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

Ok weird. So she's saying they'll play for like 5 mins of your ceremony or whatever, then 55 mins of the cocktail hour? They'll stop 5 mins before it ends so that people will move over to the reception?

But what about before the ceremony, will it just be silent then? I was thinking I should have the trio there like 15 mins before to play for people while they wait....I have no clue!

#660 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

I really dont know? the whole music thing is really confusing to me right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users