Photo

Dreams Cabo Brides

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#451 hayley

hayley
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:59 PM

Did anyone that had their wedding at Dreams already have a problem with guests complaining that you can't swim at the beach at the Dreams? Where is the closest beach that you can swim at? I have some big ocean people and I'm a bit nervous...

#452 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:19 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by hayley
      Did anyone that had their wedding at Dreams already have a problem with guests complaining that you can't swim at the beach at the Dreams? Where is the closest beach that you can swim at? I have some big ocean people and I'm a bit nervous...
      We let our guests know ahead of time, it wasnt a big deal though. They do beach walks with the activity team there where you walk up by the Hilton and you can swim there.

#453 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

Some of our guests complained about the costs, others about the beach, etc... And we told them all the same thing "If you don't want to come, then don't. This is our dream wedding and we only want people there who want to be there." I think it totally weeded out the complainers and the guests who would only attend for the free food/booze.

#454 jmill130

jmill130
      • 601 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:32 PM

None of our guests cared that they couldn't swim in front of Dreams. Those who wanted to walked to the Hilton. The pools are really good, most of out guests were very happy with them! All of our 30 guests felt it was a good value for the money! Hope this helps!

#455 hayley

hayley
        • 70 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:57 PM

Oh I didn't know there was a walkable place to go swim...that is good to know. I will probably just tell them in the welcome letter/information. Thanks girls!

#456 krazyk

krazyk
          • 90 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:05 AM

Why exactly can't you swim at the beach at Dreams?

#457 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

The reason the beach is unswimable is because of intense riptides and currents and rough surf. That is what the Dreams website says anyhow.

~Erika

#458 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

How far is the walk to the Hilton?

#459 lizcolgin

lizcolgin
                • 60 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

Hey girls!

We were just married at Dreams on Friday, the 17th, and it was unbelievable. We are actually at Esperanza now and heading back today. I am so sad. I will be working on my review when I get home but I feel like I should get back to the many that have questions on the swimming.
                  You can't swim at the beach at Dreams but once you actually see it you will realize quickly that the tide is WAY to big to even think of getting in the water. The good news about the tide is that it makes for a beautiful walk on the beach.
                  We walked to the Hilton daily and it is really a short walk. It took about 15 to 20 minutes. When you get there, it is almost like a lagoon. The water is calm and beautiful.
                  Don't let the fact that you can't swim in the beach deter your thoughts from Dreams. I can't say enough how fantastic everything is. I am REALLY picky. All 40 of our guests were overly impressed. You will see my review soon.
                  I am more than happy to answer any other questions!

Kelley

#460 Jess

Jess
                  • 4,455 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

Kelley congrats! Let me know how Esperanza is - it looks like a great honeymoon spot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users