Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cabo Brides


  • Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#321 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
  • VIP Member
  • 3,405 posts

    Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jackie
    Just a heads up. I am doing the hanging lanterns for our reception. So I read on here somewhere that Dreams charged $180.00 for lanterns that they provided and hung. I bought my own at asianideas.com for super cheap, and am lugging them down there myself. I e-mailed mariana to ask how much it would cost to hang them if I provided my own and she said $60.00 usd. I saved over 50.00 bucks doing it this way. But then again I do have to transport them there myself. Just an FYI for those of you who are thinking about doing the lanterns.
    Really? I'm confused....they know the both Jessica (Chrpfan) and myself are bringing our own and quoted us both 180 just to hang and wire them...not including the lanterns. Hmmmm.....I hate when we all get conflicting info. I'll have to e-mail Yarai to see. THanks for the heads up though Jackie!

    #322 Jackie

    Jackie
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,290 posts

      Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

      I had a feeling that that is what was happening. That is why when I e-mailed Mariana I specifically said that I had spoken to a girl that said Dreams provided the lanterns for her in addition to hanging them for $180.00 I said to her in a nice way that maybe it should be less money since I am providing my own lanterns.

      I mean lets face it, they are using our other BDW brides left over lanterns to hang for people and charging us 180.00 bucks the same exact amount but yet we are bringing our own which will take up some space and weight in our suitcase and we purchased on our own.

      Word of advice print out all of your agrements via e-mail so that when you get the final bill you have something of substance to fight with.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

      #323 Ana

      Ana

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

      Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

      super good info to know! Thanks for the heads up!

      #324 Cabo Dreaming

      Cabo Dreaming
      • Newbie
      • 46 posts

        Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

        Thanks for the info about the lanterns Jackie!

        #325 Nene

        Nene
        • Newbie
        • 86 posts

          Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

          Well Ladies Yesica is charging me $200 to provide laterns and hang them? I am going with it though- I have too many suitcases already to make space? Yikes- it will work out though...

          #326 Jackie

          Jackie
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,290 posts

            Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:23 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nene
            Well Ladies Yesica is charging me $200 to provide laterns and hang them? I am going with it though- I have too many suitcases already to make space? Yikes- it will work out though...
            Thats actually another reason I e-mailed Mariana about it. When I read that Dreams provided them and set them up for the $180.00 I figured if they were going to charge me the same amount than I would just leave my lanterns behind. But since the price dropped for bringing my own I'm going to lug them with me. We are bringing so much stuff there, that is my only worry that things will break or not make it or weigh to much. Oh well, at this point at least I know that if the lanterns get squased or my huricanes break Dreams allready has them in stock.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

            #327 Nene

            Nene
            • Newbie
            • 86 posts

              Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

              YA! No worries it is going to look amazing regardless of anything that we try because our location and hotel is just so beautiful! So all the items/decor will be like above and beyond!!!

              #328 mpark46

              mpark46
              • Jr. Member
              • 154 posts

                Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by amy&andy08
                Really? I'm confused....they know the both Jessica (Chrpfan) and myself are bringing our own and quoted us both 180 just to hang and wire them...not including the lanterns. Hmmmm.....I hate when we all get conflicting info. I'll have to e-mail Yarai to see. THanks for the heads up though Jackie!
                That's strange. Yarai quoted me $180 including the lanterns or $50 if I was bringing my own.

                #329 twixygrl

                twixygrl
                • Jr. Member
                • 293 posts

                  Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:58 PM

                  Hello ladies. On the lantern topic, I was quoted 180 by Marianna at Dreams, but Maye (Wedding Coordinator) has offered the service at a price of $80, so if anyone is considering this option Maye has the better price.

                  On a new topic, have you seen the new photos on the website?? One of the photos show lighting under the table...Dreams will provide this for $10 per table, which I thought was a bargain, so I will be having both the table lanterns and the hanging lanterns and luminaries that we are bringing with us!!! Let there be light!
                  Twixygrl

                  #330 cessyboston

                  cessyboston
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,096 posts

                    Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:38 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by twixygrl
                    Hello ladies. On the lantern topic, I was quoted 180 by Marianna at Dreams, but Maye (Wedding Coordinator) has offered the service at a price of $80, so if anyone is considering this option Maye has the better price.

                    On a new topic, have you seen the new photos on the website?? One of the photos show lighting under the table...Dreams will provide this for $10 per table, which I thought was a bargain, so I will be having both the table lanterns and the hanging lanterns and luminaries that we are bringing with us!!! Let there be light!
                    i was dying to know if they have those lights...does anyone know what they look like and also do they have cords or are the battery operated 100 per table thats great........
                    Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users