Dreams Cabo Brides

Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chprfan View Post
Bianca congratulations!! Its such a great feeling to have the date and location picked!!
Thanks, I agree! I feel so relieved to have that biggest thing out of the way. I see we are a week apart. How exciting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoudek View Post
Hey Dreams Brides!!!
What made you decide on Dreams verse other places in Cabo? Any advice would be appreciated!!!
Thank you so much!!!
Melissa
For me it came down to our budget. We anticipate having about 75 guests. Dreams may cost our guests more to stay at than a regular hotel, but I do expect that the majority of them will stay. Even if we have to pay for half of guests to get a day pass to come to the wedding, it is still working out cheaper than the Sheraton, Hilton, or other places we had looked at. Cabo in general is beautiful and I loved the dramatic look of the gazebo at Dreams, so I don't think I'm sacrificing anything by having our wedding there. The rooms are absolutely beautiful since they have been remodeled and I know my guests will fully take advantage of the all-inclusive aspect. Also, the extra money we'll have in our budget is gonna let us do things like Mariachis and upgrade our linens. I am looking forward to a gorgeous wedding there & can't wait!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see a lot of Dreams Cabo brides on the forum.

Here are some of my details:

*Wedding date : June 21, 2008

*Ceremony: On the Beach 5:00

*Reception/Cocktail hour: La Cascada Terrance 5:30-6:30 cocktails ; 6:30-11:00pm *Dinner and dancing

*Food: Filet Mignon and Chicken

*Cake: Undecided

*Flowers: Thinking Fuschia peonies and add some green flowers

*DJ: DJ Ricardo

*Hair and Makeup: Doing my own makeup; Suzanne Morel doing my hair?

*Wedding Cordinator: Yesica with Dreams and Maye

*Photographer: Leigh Miller

Stuff Ive done allready,

*Sent out STD

*Booked photog

*Booked Spanish Trio

*Booked rooms at Dreams for us

*Booked Mariachi Band

*Picked food for reception

*Booked DJ Ricardo

Stuff left to do

*formal invitations

*Guest book

*Purchase FI suit

*Flowers

*Figure out centerpieces

and ALL the small stuff I'm forgetting!

Brandy & Nelson

June 21, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessyboston View Post
this is so helpful this post thanks miss jacks....i hope soon to be on here too i go for my visit soon oct 27 and i will def know when i get back...but great post
I've been all over the place researching different destinations and just started looking into Cabo myself.... Loving it more and more... I'll be anxious to hear how your site visit goes!! Just out of curiosity, are you going to visit any other resorts while you are there or have you pretty much decided on the Dreams?cheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by olisa6 View Post
Forgot about me toosad.gif

Wedding date + time : October 1, 2007 5:00pm
Ceremony: Beach
Cocktail Hour: Cascade Terrace
Music: Trio to play at ceremony and lead guests to cocktail hour5 - 6:45
Reception: Cascade Terrace
Food: Beef Tenderloin or Mahi Mahi
Cake: Whatever is with the package
Flowers: gerber daisies and lillies(orange and yellow)
Bridesmaid flowers: gerber daisies and lillies(yellow and white)
DJ: DJ Mijares 6:45 - 10:30
Hair and Makeup: Suzanne Morale
Wedding Cordinator: Yesica at Dreams
Photographer: Juan Carlos

What's left to do:

table assignments
final dress fitting
finalize appetizers
menu cards
OOT bags(put together)
welcome letter/itinerary
put together bridesmaid/groomsmen gift bags
order flowers

stuff I've already done:

luminares
wedding table cameras
votives
centerpieces
favors
OOT bags
jewelry
dress/suit
room block
Lisa are you back yet? Can't wait to hear about your wedding and see pictures!!

So we got back from our site visit and wanted to give an update on our plans. I have edited my first post with the changes. BUT...

The biggest two changes we had to make.

1. Food

2. Colors

1.Food

Marianna said that a buffet like we wanted was not such a good idea with only 20-30 guests. Damn I didnt even think of this or I would have done a taste test durring our site visit. But here is what we came up with for food at the Cocktail hour and Reception.

Cocktail Hour (you get to pick 3 cold appetizers and 3 hot appetizers)

COLD APPETIZERS

1. Choux with chikcen salad

2. Ceviche in Chalupa (fish)

3. Guacamole and salsa with tortilla chips

HOT APPETIZERS

1. Chile Popper (stuffed jalapenos)

2. Spinach quiche

3. Chicken Hot Wing (Ryan picked this one not my fav but had to let him)

Reception Dinner

(you get to choos one appetizer, one soup or salad, one main course, and one dessert)

APPETIZER =

Snow Crab Cake served with avocado and tomato dressing

Soup or Salad =

Tomato salad with basil and black olives

Main Course =

Sea bass fillet served with fresh asparagus and portobello mushroom with beurre sauce

Dessert =

Tulip of strawberry with grand marnier sauce and vanilla ice cream.

A little about the food in Cabo and the reasons we choose the menu we did.

First of all the fish is outstanding in Cabo. We were worried because we are from Cape Cod and relatively speaking are kind of fish snobs, but it was great.

As for the menu selecitons we werent sure of I just simply asked Marianna her honest opinion on what she thought was the best, and we went from there.

A review on some of our choices that we had while in Cabo;

Guacamole = so fresh and so good

Hot wings = not my favorite but a lot of meat and Ryan just loves chicken wings so I let him have the damn chicken wings as an Appetizer.

Snow Crab Cake = To die for

Sea Bass = incredible

Tulip of Strawberry dessert = YUMMIE and light which I love!

And as for colors. My colors were ivory and sage green. I told Marianna that we really wanted chair ties and she showed me the color green she had. YIKES it was lime green. NOPE no thanks, so after much deliberating we are going to do the

chair ties in Navy Blue

The table runners in Navy Blue

The BM's dresses in Sage Green

The flowers in green and ivory (orchids and roses)

So our colors are officially now Navy Blue and Sage Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryjaxs19 View Post
So we got back from our site visit and wanted to give an update on our plans. I have edited my first post with the changes. BUT...

The biggest two changes we had to make.

1. Food
2. Colors

1.Food
Marianna said that a buffet like we wanted was not such a good idea with only 20-30 guests. Damn I didnt even think of this or I would have done a taste test durring our site visit. But here is what we came up with for food at the Cocktail hour and Reception.
Cocktail Hour (you get to pick 3 cold appetizers and 3 hot appetizers)
COLD APPETIZERS
1. Choux with chikcen salad
2. Ceviche in Chalupa (fish)
3. Guacamole and salsa with tortilla chips

HOT APPETIZERS
1. Chile Popper (stuffed jalapenos)
2. Spinach quiche
3. Chicken Hot Wing (Ryan picked this one not my fav but had to let him)

And as for colors. My colors were ivory and sage green. I told Marianna that we really wanted chair ties and she showed me the color green she had. YIKES it was lime green. NOPE no thanks so after much deliberating we are going to do the
chair ties in Navy Blue
The table runners in Navy Blue
The BM's dresses in Sage Green
The flowers in green and ivory (orchids and roses)

So our colors are officially now Navy Blue and Sage Green.

Are the chair ties a $1/each? I also wanted to ask Yesica about tablecloths..using something besides white....did you by chance ask them that or know? I didnt know how much more then would be or not!

I had no idea we could choose so many appetizers for the cocktail hour...I will have to figure that out.

Your colors sound great by the way! I think it will look so good together!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmark08 View Post
I just booked Dreams after returning from my site visit, so you can add me to the list now too smile159.gif

Wedding date: June 22, 2008, not sure on the time yet. Thinking around 4:00pm
Ceremony: Gazebo
Cocktail Hour: on beach after the ceremony
Music: Would like Mariachis for the ceremony & cocktail hour
Reception: Cascade Terrace
Wedding Cordinator: Mariana at Dreams

That's really all I have so far! I have lots to do! I think I am going to bring a photographer from home and hopefully a make-up person too who luckily is a friend!

Bianca
Your added to the list :) elefant.gif