1230 replies to this topic

#191 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cessyboston
    leia , such a silly question but i love the idea of the candle but the wind at dreams is very windy are you using more of a hurricane vase for it sorry id this is silly i need visual..
    I bought a big vase and am going to put a candle in it that is smaller. John and I are going to use one of those long lighters. I saw some w/ a white handle. I would do the sand ceremony, but I think that would totally throw off my family. They would look at each other and think "what the heck are they doing?". My family is very Catholic and traditional to say the least.

#192 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amy&andy08
      I cannot believe how close some of us are to the weddings! My god girls we are almost there! Just having a freak out on time day today......and noticed half of us Dreams gals are almost under 4 months out! EEEK!
      yes...its getting close and I feel like I have so much to do still. I know this thread has kept me going with the lists and such! I think too I am just getting really excited to be sitting on the beach at Dreams in HOT weather....I am so sick of winter and the snow!!

#193 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Leia78
        I bought a big vase and am going to put a candle in it that is smaller. John and I are going to use one of those long lighters. I saw some w/ a white handle. I would do the sand ceremony, but I think that would totally throw off my family. They would look at each other and think "what the heck are they doing?". My family is very Catholic and traditional to say the least.
        lol..lol.. very nice love that idea...how are you getting all of you awesome ideas and stuff down....
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#194 DreamsDreamer

DreamsDreamer
        • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:56 AM

Hi Ladies!!!
          I am a newbie here! But this forum has been a lifesaver!! I will be getting married at Dreams in Los Cabos.
          Here are some details so far:

Wedding date : July 12, 2008
          Ceremony: Gazebo 6pm
          Reception: Cascada Terrace 7/7:30pm
          Food: working out the menu now.
          Cake: Cake that is provided with our package.
          Flowers: white stargazer lilly bouquet.
          DJ: Using our ipod and renting speakers from Dreams for the night. We also want to rent the speakers for our ceremony since I have a specific song that I would like to walk down to.
          Hair and Makeup: I will be doing my own hair and makeup.
          Wedding Cordinator: Yesica at Dreams
          Photographer: Gilda Badillo
          Videographer: Enrique at Baja Video Productions

Some stuff I've done already:
          Sent the STD's
          Sent Invitations
          Did our website
          Booked our stay
          Booked photog & videographer

Things still to do:
          think about what type of center pieces we want and mail them out a month before wedding.
          Figure out place cards/menu cards
          get chinese lanterns
          OOT bags
          vows
          boudoir photos? not sure if I will be doing this or not. good gift though for him.

I know I am forgetting stuff...so much to do!!!!!

#195 cessyboston

cessyboston
          • VIP Member
          • 2,096 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:05 AM

welcome...congrats..you have a lot done good for you..
            Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#196 Leia78

Leia78
            • VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:21 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cessyboston
              lol..lol.. very nice love that idea...how are you getting all of you awesome ideas and stuff down....
              not sure yet. I'm thinking my mom, my bro, my Bms...

#197 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
              • 136 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:09 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amy&andy08
                I cannot believe how close some of us are to the weddings! My god girls we are almost there! Just having a freak out on time day today......and noticed half of us Dreams gals are almost under 4 months out! EEEK!
                OMG Amy, I soo know how you feel! It's like I blinked and I'm just under four months away. I almost don't like looking at my ticker right now because it stresses me out. I have to remin myself to BREATH and think that even though there's lots left to do, I have already accomplished alot! I think I am gettting stressed more easily. I have actually done alot more than since I did my forst post on this thread. I swear I'll get around to updating it soon! I think it will make me feel better too. I can't wait for yours and really do hope we can at least meet up for drink or two!

#198 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
                • VIP Member
                • 3,405 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mrsmark08
                  OMG Amy, I soo know how you feel! It's like I blinked and I'm just under four months away. I almost don't like looking at my ticker right now because it stresses me out. I have to remin myself to BREATH and think that even though there's lots left to do, I have already accomplished alot! I think I am gettting stressed more easily. I have actually done alot more than since I did my forst post on this thread. I swear I'll get around to updating it soon! I think it will make me feel better too. I can't wait for yours and really do hope we can at least meet up for drink or two!
                  Heck yeah......we'll definately meet up. My family is a blast, so we'll be hard to ignore I'm sure I've suddenly realized that I was putting a whole bunch of projects off saying, I'll just wait until we are a few months out......and suddenly it's time to get crackin.... We should all re-post our lists again to see the progress. I'll do that today......

#199 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,405 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

Here are some of my details: Updated 2/27/08---Holy moly...I hit my 4 month mark today! Good Timing!!!!

Wedding date : June 27, 2008
                    Ceremony: On the Beach 6:00
                    Reception/Cocktail hour: Oceana Terrace 7:00-10:30pm
                    Food:
                    For our appetizers for the cocktail hour:
                    Hot:
                    Chile popper
                    Mini Tamales
                    Beef Brochette
                    Cold:
                    Ceviche in Chalupa
                    Tostadas of beef salpicon
                    guacamole and salsa with totopos
                    Dinner: 1. Appetizer:
                    Portobello in a puff pastry shell with balsamic vinaigrette
                    2. Salad:
                    Snow crab cake served with avocado and tomato dressing
                    3. Soup:
                    Cream of broccoli with parmesan cheese
                    4. Main Course:
                    Beef tenderloin filed with vegetable julienne served in red wine sauce
                    Or Sea bass feuillete served fresh asparagus and Portobello mushroom and beurre Blanc sauce
                    5. Dessert: Tulip of strawberry with grand Marnier sauce and ice vanilla ice cream
                    Cake: Small two tier for pics only...not really important to us; we are having chocolate cake with hazelnut filling...we wanted coffee flavored dessert
                    Flowers: huppah will have the floating orchids (I posted pics in another thread, my bouquet-simple white callas.
                    Decor: Hurricanes filled with sand, shells, and large white pillars (5), 4 large glass floating flower bowls filled with orchids and colored glass stones on the bottom; scattered shells and blue glass stones; silver table runner; blue chair ties and table cloth; silver placecard frames
                    DJ: Decided to use Ipod and rent speakers from Dreams.
                    Hair and Makeup: Doing my own makeup (I hate people touching my face! ; Hair by my future aunt in law--she is a professional in downtown Seattle.
                    Wedding Coordinator: Gaby with Baja weddings
                    Phontographer: Manuel Burgoin
                    Video: Sam Perches

Stuff Ive done allready,
                    Sent the STD's; I made Message in a Bottle ones...there is a post on here with pics
                    BD photo shoot and huge book completed (9/1/07)
                    OOT bags: bought bags and all of the items....so much crap you guys...don't know how I am bringing it all
                    DIY pocketfold invites (done and pics posted)
                    Purchased dress and all of my party clothes for the week; Also bought about 10 bathing suits....all strapless for my dress; I need to stop shopping asap!
                    Wedding jewelery and both pairs of shoes (ceremony wedges and fancy reception heels)
                    Made ceremony fans (wrapped with blue ribbon and finished with a rhinestone thing
                    Booked photog
                    Booked Spanish Trio
                    Everyone booked for travel
                    Wrote vows and ceremony.....PM me if you want to read what I came up with (I copied and pasted from variety of websites, etc.)

Stuff left to do
                    Guest book (making scrapbook)
                    finalize Andy suit and accessories (shoes, belt, and shirt)
                    Burn personalized cds and print the labels
                    Menus-DIY need to print
                    Programs-DIY need to print
                    Make silver table runner-DIY
                    Hair trial
                    Buy makeup
                    Start facials and tanning in a few months
                    Lantern and luminarie ordering

#200 Leia78

Leia78
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,459 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:57 PM

Oh wow Amy, looks like your almost set. I'm so excited for you!!! You're wedding is going to be so beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it...and I want DETAILS!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users