• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#1191 alanak

alanak
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Melissa H 

Hi Ladies!

I'm just starting to plan my Dreams Los Cabos wedding for August 3, 2013 - yay!!

I have a question on the legal vs symbolic ceremonies.  I'd like to actually be married on the day of my wedding, but I do not want my ceremony to be in Spanish with a translator.  So, I guess my option is to get legally married BEFORE heading down to Mexico??

What do most people do?  Any suggestions for me on this one?  Seems like a bummer to already be married when I leave for my wedding :(

Thank you!

You could get married legally after your DW when you are home - if you don't want to take away from it by getting married before you go. You also need blood tests taken if you are getting legally married in Mexico, and as mentioned above the legal marriage is more expensive and only said in Spanish with a translator. I would consider waiting to be legally married when you are home - cheaper, easier, and won't take away from your wedding day!

#1192 wedding92012

wedding92012
    • 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hi! Congrats on putting together your wedding at Dreams! You'll love it there!

We got married before we left to Mexico. Wasn't my favorite idea, but I have heard it's too much of a hassle to be married legally in Mexico. Between blood tests, ceremony in Spanish, and all your marriage paperwork is in Spanish, which means you have to pay for it to be translated into English. The woman who performed our legal ceremony at the local court house mentioned she heard stories of people having a great deal of issues when they were married in Mexico. It may not be the glamorous way, but it is probably safer, cheaper, and easier for you and you Fiance.

Good luck!

#1193 wedding92012

wedding92012
      • 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hello my fellow Dreams Cabo Brides! I just returned Thursday evening from our wedding Dreams Los Cabos and honeymoon at Secrets Marquis in Cabo! It was absolutely perfect! Magda runs that place! You're in good hands with her! I am working on my wedding review now. Because I am in the process of moving out of state, it may take me a bit. If you have immediate questions to help move your wedding planning forward, email me at bukkylanskiwedding@gmail.com.

I used the following vendors:

Wedding Coordinator: Magda

Florist: Emporio (I would not recommend them. Their work is not impressive and it takes them a while to understand what you want.)

DJ: Ricardo

Bride Hair & Make Up: Neysa Berman

BM & Mother of the Bride & Groom hair: Dreams Salon

Photographer & videographer: Daniel Jireh

Cake: Dreams

Honeymoon hotel: Secrets Marquis

Transportation: Epic

Travel Agent: Teresa with Vacations for Less

Happy Planning!

#1194 wedding92012

wedding92012
        • 61 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

From my experience, I would say use the time for excursions for your honeymoon. We arrived Wednesday afternoon, rehearsal & rehearsal dinner Friday night, and wedding Saturday afternoon. I spent Thursday organizing wedding decor stuff, meeting with Magda & the florist, and following up with other vendors. After that, we spent time exploring the resort or at the pool with our guests. Dreams has great activities that kept our guests entertained. No one wanted to leave the resort. I don't think anyone did an excursion while there. With water volleyball, corn hole, horse shoes, and afternoon contests sponsored by the resort, everyone just hung out at the pool together.

#1195 McLecker

McLecker
          • 194 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Speaking of excursions, can anyone offer any suggestions of tour operators for scuba diving, sunset/party cruises, snorkling etc. Would love some recommendations. thanks!

#1196 Melissa14

Melissa14
            • 304 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
            • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi Melissa :)

My name is Melissa too and I am getting married at Dream on 7/27/13! We will be legally married before heading to Cabo and having a symbolic ceremony at Dreams. I also wanted to be legally married on the day of my wedding but it saves us tons of money and time to do it before.

Hope that helps :)

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#1197 LeAnn

LeAnn
            • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Speaking of excursions, can anyone offer any suggestions of tour operators for scuba diving, sunset/party cruises, snorkling etc. Would love some recommendations. thanks!

We are getting married at Dreams on 4/12/13. We did our site visit in October. We booked our airport transfers round trip through Amstar. Liz Zarate with Amstar was fabulous. She set us up with a free sunset cruise and all we had to pay for was transportation to and from the resort. So for round trip airport transfers, sunset cruise, and transportation to & from the marina we paid less than $200. We have decided to use Amstar for our wedding as well. If you check their website, you'll see they offer many different excursions and tours! You can also email Liz at Lzarate@amstarmexico.com She is great & everything was perfect. There was someone waiting for us at the airport with our name on a sign, he spoke perfect English which was nice! He wasnt the driver but cane along with the driver to answer all of our questions, etc! Our trip to the resort was a quick 20 minutes or so! On the day of our cruise, The same driver arrived at the resort to take us to the marina and Liz was with him this time. She walked us directly to the marina dock and got us on the cruise. After our cruise she was waiting there again for us to get us back to the resort. I loved how personable everything was with Amstar. They were fantastic! Our WC put me in contact with Amstar and I couldn't have been happier with their service. Hope this helps you!!

#1198 Melissa14

Melissa14
              • 304 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
              • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hello LeAnn, I'm curious about your site visit at Dreams. My wedding date is 7/27/13 and I'm not sure I will be able to do a site visit. Was it everything you expected?

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#1199 LeAnn

LeAnn
              • 16 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hi Melissa14 - our site visit was perfect!  Much more than we expected!  From the time we arrrived until we left, we were treated like royalty! 

#1200 mlw02

mlw02
                • 65 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I just got an email from Magda that she will be gone for our wedding so she is turning me over to Yesica. Has anyone else dealt with her. It kinda of upsets me since we have been booked with them for a year now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users