Photo

Dreams Cabo Brides

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#101 jljespersen

jljespersen
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

Thanks for your help/advice!! Obviously it's still early but we're planning on around 30-50 guests. Since it looks like we'll have to be getting outside vendors do you think I should do will that cheaper resort package to save money for vendors (we're on a budget)??

Also I'd rather not have to have a Spanish minister with a translator... do we have to have a legal ceremony before or is it possible to get an English speaking minister??

Thanks again, and I can't tell you how much I LOVE all the pictures/slideshows from the other Cabo wedding... they are all so beautiful and make me so excited!!

#102 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:21 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jljespersen
      Thanks for your help/advice!! Obviously it's still early but we're planning on around 30-50 guests. Since it looks like we'll have to be getting outside vendors do you think I should do will that cheaper resort package to save money for vendors (we're on a budget)??

Also I'd rather not have to have a Spanish minister with a translator... do we have to have a legal ceremony before or is it possible to get an English speaking minister??

Thanks again, and I can't tell you how much I LOVE all the pictures/slideshows from the other Cabo wedding... they are all so beautiful and make me so excited!!
      I think it depends what is important to you. For me, cake isn't a big deal, so I'll take whatever Dreams offeres. Photography, on the other hand, means a lot to me. I haven't heard the best things about resort photographers then again, there have been some that have had great resort photographers. If that's something that's important to you, you might want to consider hiring an outside vendor. I think you need to sit down and figure out the things that might be worth a little extra $$ for you and then consider what vendors to research.

For Dreams Los Cabos, I've only heard of spanish speaking w/translators - again, I could be wrong. Have you asked Yesica about this?
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#103 cabobridetobe23

cabobridetobe23
      • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

Well ladies my BIG day is coming up fast!! February 23...I'm going crazy with all of these last minute details!!!!
        I'm excited, but going crazy...

#104 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:22 PM

You must be, I'm 4 months out and freaking out. Let us know if you need anything :)
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#105 JessicaM

JessicaM
          • Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cabobridetobe23
            Well ladies my BIG day is coming up fast!! February 23...I'm going crazy with all of these last minute details!!!!
            I'm excited, but going crazy...
            What do you have left to do? I would love to hear all about what you have done...I am sure all of us Dreams ladies would too!

#106 cabobridetobe23

cabobridetobe23
            • 11 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

Well lets see what did I do so far...Well I lost 27 pounds!!! I was excited about that! I know that may sound crazy...but I really wanted to look the best I could. It has been my biggest "wedding planning challenge"
              I have my dress...final fitting first week of February...No shoes yet! (not wearing them until dinner anyway)
              We are getting married at 4pm at DREAMS. I am using Marianna. We have been planning for about a year and a half. We are taking his parents, my parents, and my 6 year old daughter. We are using the beach w/ canopy. Dinner on the terrace by the water, not the pool. I'm sorry I don't remember which one!!
              Dinner is filet and lobster... I am using their standard cake. I like cake...but kinda splurged on the cake for our big reception at home. Hopefully I made the right decision!!!!! We booked Juan...I'm using Suzzane Morel....What else can I tell you I have a lot of loose ends...I keep thinking one more thing...it's getting out of hand!!!! Just bought grooms gift today.
              What did you guys put in your OOT bags
              I did a super cute one for my daughter...I bought a sand bucket vs a bag. I put small stuff in it to keep her busy in the "downtime" but I also bought the "wedding day" Barbie and Ken. It looks really cute!
              The most stressful thing is being away for so long...10 days in Cabo (family there 5 of the 10) then fiance (husband at that point) fly to Vail for a 10 day honeymoon. Cabo to Vail crazy I know. We ski and snowboard though.
              You guys are always so helpful!!! Any info you can give me would be great!!!!!
              Thank you!

#107 kristendotcom

kristendotcom
              • 294 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

Wow 20 days on vacation will be very nice!! Question how much extra are they charging you for the filet and lobster? I would love to have that as a dinner option for my guests.

#108 cabobridetobe23

cabobridetobe23
                • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

I'm not sure what the extra fee was...but I know it was extra for that dinner. I will have to look it up for you. We are using the guitar and harp selection for the music on the beach. Has anyone done this yet??

#109 caraleelee

caraleelee
                  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:24 AM

Hey everyone-

Thanks SO much for your help with the lanterns and lumineras. Yesica already has them confirmed and the prices you gave were completely accurate.

Question: Does anyone have any info on DJ Ricardo? Is he a good MC? What does he charge?

Thanks!

#110 caraleelee

caraleelee
                    • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

PS- Here are my details so far:

Wedding date : April 24,2008
                      Ceremony: Gazebo, 5:00 pm
                      Mariachi band to play before with hors d'ouevres and cocktails, then ceremony, then more drinks, dinner, dancing
                      Reception:Oceana Terrace
                      Food: no idea yet- suggestions? I heard the fish entrees are great?
                      Cake: Tres Leche
                      Flowers: tropical theme w/tiger lily, hibiscus, etc. colors- coral and bright pinks and oranges
                      DJ: apparently from this forum Dj Ricardo is the one to have!
                      Hair and Makeup: my mom for makeup and Dreams for hair...is that a mistake? Anyone had their updo by Dreams?
                      Wedding Cordinator Yesica at Dreams
                      Photographer: Damian Langere: Damian Langere Photography | International Photographer
                      Color of wedding: coral, champagne (tropical theme)
                      # of Guests: 42 adults, 10 kids, 2 babies :)
                      OMG get this!!!- 7 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen and LOTS of kids: my 11 nieces and nephews will walk down the aisle tall to short in height.

things i have done;
                      Dress
                      Bridesmaid dresses
                      room block
                      Mariachi band
                      photographer
                      lanterns, centerpieces, lumineras
                      save the dates...but with the wrong date and location :) We bailed out on the BIG traditional wedding after the STDs were sent and sent a letter out telling people the location moved to CABO and for those who would like to join us, please do! I know, crazy but things happen!
                      booked photographer
                      chose cake

things need to be done:
                      pick out Colin's ring
                      shoes, jewelry, hair idea, veil
                      OOT bags
                      Bridesmaid gifts
                      parent's gift
                      groom gift :)
                      DJ
                      Flowers
                      Menu