Photo

Dreams Cabo Brides

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#1051 proti007

proti007
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

For Neysa, did you use the form off of the website or actually email her? When I used the website form, I never heard back from her, but she responded pretty promptly when I emailed he (neysa@neysaberman.com). FYI she makes you put a 50% deposit down via Paypal to book. But I think her prices are pretty reasonable! Good luck, and congrats!

Originally Posted by mpeter81 

We'll be getting married Oct 21, 2011 and have worked w/ David for most of our planning.  It's taken him anywhere from 2 days to a week to respond, but no complaints on my end since the wedding is still a little ways away.  Booked DJ Ricardo and uber excited about him.  : )  I'm thinking to go w/ Tomas Barron for photography, and would like to go w/ Angel Zapien for videography (just waiting to hear back if he's available.)  I've tried getting in touch w/ the makeup artist Neysa but she hasn't responded to any of my email attempts of getting in contact over the last few months.  There's gotta be some issue w/ her website and my emails... who knows.  Still a lot of other things to do, but thank gawd for this forum and all you ladies!  : )

#1052 Ashleyrae

Ashleyrae
    • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hi Girls! I need some advice.

My wedding is June 11th and I was told by the other bride who is getting married the same day that our resort is booked full for our weekend. I still had some guests who were waiting to book thier trip. So now they have to stay at another Hotel down the road AND pay $95 per person a day to come to Dreams for our rehersal and Wedding. The only way the day pass fee is waived is if they stay at Zoetry which is over $500 a night! I asked if they could waive the day pass fee and they said no, i asked if they could somehow do a price match with Zoetry so they could stay there for the same price as Dreams, they said no, I even said we would give up the extra groom room the night before the wedding if they could have it, they said no. I am just REALLY irritated that no one from Dreams contacted me to tell me the resort was almost booked, including Magda. i dont feel like i am asking too much for them to give our guests a day pass for our wedding!  Especially since I am bringing many people to the resort with our wedding party and spending ALOT of money there!!!!! I would just think they could accomodate us better than that. Magda said that she is unable to get any of that. Do you think i should call Dreams directly and ask for management? What are your thoughts!

#1053 Cherazi

Cherazi
      • 196 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:22 AM

Do you have a travel agent? Try speaking with Tammy (This site's admin). She has a very good relationship with Dreams. Good luck. 

tammy@wrighttravelagency.com

Originally Posted by Ashleyrae 

Hi Girls! I need some advice.

My wedding is June 11th and I was told by the other bride who is getting married the same day that our resort is booked full for our weekend. I still had some guests who were waiting to book thier trip. So now they have to stay at another Hotel down the road AND pay $95 per person a day to come to Dreams for our rehersal and Wedding. The only way the day pass fee is waived is if they stay at Zoetry which is over $500 a night! I asked if they could waive the day pass fee and they said no, i asked if they could somehow do a price match with Zoetry so they could stay there for the same price as Dreams, they said no, I even said we would give up the extra groom room the night before the wedding if they could have it, they said no. I am just REALLY irritated that no one from Dreams contacted me to tell me the resort was almost booked, including Magda. i dont feel like i am asking too much for them to give our guests a day pass for our wedding!  Especially since I am bringing many people to the resort with our wedding party and spending ALOT of money there!!!!! I would just think they could accomodate us better than that. Magda said that she is unable to get any of that. Do you think i should call Dreams directly and ask for management? What are your thoughts!

#1054 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hi Azadeh,

thanks for referring me.

Unfortunately, there is not much i can do if the resort is sold out :(

this is some of the advice i gave and i just want to remind you dreams brides that the resort does sell out ALOT so it is really important to take the steps to ensure that there will be rooms available for your guests.

I hate to say it but it is why i advocate brides getting group blocks.  The resort books in full most of the year.   Alot of brides do not want to go through the trouble of getting a group block and this is what happens when you do not take the steps to ensure that there will be rooms for your guests.   I wish your TA would have explained this to you as it is such a vital step when booking a destination wedding.     Also, the resort has to charge a day pass fee for those not staying at the resort.  It would not be fair to other guests that have booked and paid to use the resort facilities to have those not staying on the resort use the facilities and take away from the paying guests' experience.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#1055 Cherazi

Cherazi
        • 196 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

I thought if there was anyone who could help, it would be you Tammy.

Sorry Ashleyrae. I understand how frustrating this must be :( Is there a wait list you can get on? There may be some other girls on the forum that have spare rooms from their block.

Good luck.

#1056 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

we have a group block in place but arriving on 6/11-6/14 so not sure if that would work since it starts the day of the wedding.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#1057 proti007

proti007
          • 467 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

I just wanted to send a big congrats to Teira, as she is now a WIFE! And also a huge good luck to KiwiBride, who is getting married tomorrow! Hurray! Congrats to both Dreams brides, can't wait to hear all about your weddings!

#1058 KarlyBee

KarlyBee
            • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:18 AM

I completely second that! Congratulations Teira and good luck KiwiBride! Yay!

#1059 proti007

proti007
              • 467 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:12 PM

Hey Dreams brides! So yesterday it occurred to me that other Dreams brides MUST have posted some videos of their weddings, and I came across Angel Zapien!!!! He is a videographer in Cabo who has a whole Dreams section on his website of videos! I've now watched them all!!! Enjoy :)

http://angelzapien.c...eams-los-cabos/

#1060 Cherazi

Cherazi
                • 196 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thank you for sharing :) I loved his videos, but he was too expensive for us. Watching the videos make me happy !

Originally Posted by proti007 

Hey Dreams brides! So yesterday it occurred to me that other Dreams brides MUST have posted some videos of their weddings, and I came across Angel Zapien!!!! He is a videographer in Cabo who has a whole Dreams section on his website of videos! I've now watched them all!!! Enjoy :)

http://angelzapien.c...eams-los-cabos/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users