Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cabo Brides


  • Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#1011 Teira1031

Teira1031
  • Member
  • 766 posts

    Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

    We leave 3 weeks from today!!!

    #1012 Ashleyrae

    Ashleyrae
    • Newbie
    • 12 posts

      Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

      Hey!

       

      I hadn't plan on having any sort of music for the ceremony or cocktail hour. Is that normal? I just thought the duo, trio, etc. seemed SO expensive for the amount of time! What are/did you guys doing/do? When I was sent my confirmation information the spots were left open with question marks?? So I guess I dont know if it is weird not to have music? I dont know!!!

       

      Help..again!



      #1013 proti007

      proti007
      • Jr. Member
      • 467 posts

        Posted 17 March 2011 - 03:45 PM

        Ashley, normal is whatever suits the bride and groom! That being said, I guess it would depend on how important music is to you both. Greg & I are HUGE audiophiles, so we're having DJ Ricardo set up the speakers, etc, for the ceremony and we're choosing all of the music, and the Trio is included in the package we've chosen for the cocktail hour. We're giving him a playlist of everything we want played during dinner, and living the dancing portion of the evening up to him. For us, because we love music and have been to every music festival under the sun, it is obviously a huge factor and something we've been fine tuning for MONTHS. I think it adds a personal touch!
         

        Originally Posted by Ashleyrae 

        Hey!

         

        I hadn't plan on having any sort of music for the ceremony or cocktail hour. Is that normal? I just thought the duo, trio, etc. seemed SO expensive for the amount of time! What are/did you guys doing/do? When I was sent my confirmation information the spots were left open with question marks?? So I guess I dont know if it is weird not to have music? I dont know!!!

         

        Help..again!



         



        #1014 Cherazi

        Cherazi
        • Jr. Member
        • 196 posts

          Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:13 PM

          The same for us. Music was a big deal. It's really up to you guys. Are you OK with walking down the aisle with no music? Which package do you have? The trio should be included. We actually asked to replace the trio with a Spanish guitarist because my FI hates mariachi bands for some unknown reason!

           

          We also have hired DJ Riccardo for the ceremony and reception. We actually are moving the ceremony to the ballroom 10:30 PM-2 AM to continue the party. But that is only because our friends like to PARTY!

           

          Think about what the two of you like and that would be great :)
           

          Originally Posted by Ashleyrae 

          Hey!

           

          I hadn't plan on having any sort of music for the ceremony or cocktail hour. Is that normal? I just thought the duo, trio, etc. seemed SO expensive for the amount of time! What are/did you guys doing/do? When I was sent my confirmation information the spots were left open with question marks?? So I guess I dont know if it is weird not to have music? I dont know!!!

           

          Help..again!



           



          #1015 kiwibride

          kiwibride
          • Jr. Member
          • 275 posts

            Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

            I hear you, we are also moving to the ballroom and have DJ Ricardo.  We are having Arturo Sotomayer for the ceremony and cocktail hour then during dinner we are doing an ipod and then have DJ Ricardo starting at 9pm when we move inside!!  We live in Australia and our friends are coming from England, America, Bahamas plus a few from Australia, we hardly ever get to see them anymore so really wanted the party to go on as long as poss!!!

            Originally Posted by Cherazi 

            The same for us. Music was a big deal. It's really up to you guys. Are you OK with walking down the aisle with no music? Which package do you have? The trio should be included. We actually asked to replace the trio with a Spanish guitarist because my FI hates mariachi bands for some unknown reason!

             

            We also have hired DJ Riccardo for the ceremony and reception. We actually are moving the ceremony to the ballroom 10:30 PM-2 AM to continue the party. But that is only because our friends like to PARTY!

             

            Think about what the two of you like and that would be great :)
             



             



             



            #1016 Ashleyrae

            Ashleyrae
            • Newbie
            • 12 posts

              Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:01 AM

              I have the middle package? Dreams of love, I think its called?

               

              We have a DJ for the reception, so I could have him come for the ceremony and set up to play music as I walk down the aisle? That could work! I will email our DJ and see what he thinks! Thanks girls!



              #1017 proti007

              proti007
              • Jr. Member
              • 467 posts

                Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:44 AM

                That is exactly what our DJ. I can't remeber how much he charged, but it was less than the hourly rate.
                 

                Originally Posted by Ashleyrae 

                I have the middle package? Dreams of love, I think its called?

                 

                We have a DJ for the reception, so I could have him come for the ceremony and set up to play music as I walk down the aisle? That could work! I will email our DJ and see what he thinks! Thanks girls!



                 



                #1018 Ashleyrae

                Ashleyrae
                • Newbie
                • 12 posts

                  Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

                  So how many songs did he play? Like one  for the seating of parents, one when you walked down the aisle, one for the unity candle and then one when you leave?

                   

                  Random question.. what song did you have playing when you walked down the aisle? The only thing i have ever heard is an organ playing the typical "here comes the bride." I am not sure how that would sound from a DJ?

                   

                  Originally Posted by proti007 

                  That is exactly what our DJ. I can't remeber how much he charged, but it was less than the hourly rate.
                   



                   



                   



                  #1019 proti007

                  proti007
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 467 posts

                    Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

                    Apparently I cannot type! I should have wrote - that's exactly what we've asked our DJ to do. Our wedding is in July.

                     

                    We're bringing him the playlist. We're creating a list of approx. 20-30 minutes of music to play while guests arrive and get themselves seated, we then have a song for the bridesmaids to come down the aisle to, and then finally one for my Dad and I to walk down the aisle to. We'll then choose a song to walk out to (something upbeat) and then another 10 minutes of music as guests leave and make their way to cocktail hour. We're still figuring out what the ceremony is going to look like (what traditions/readings, etc) we want to include, so we'll see. We're still finalizing the details as to what songs we'll be playing when, but our musical taste is pretty eclectic (we're into indie-folk) so that theme will be carried throughout the wedding. 
                     

                    Originally Posted by Ashleyrae 

                    So how many songs did he play? Like one  for the seating of parents, one when you walked down the aisle, one for the unity candle and then one when you leave?

                     

                    Random question.. what song did you have playing when you walked down the aisle? The only thing i have ever heard is an organ playing the typical "here comes the bride." I am not sure how that would sound from a DJ?

                     



                     



                     



                    #1020 Ashleyrae

                    Ashleyrae
                    • Newbie
                    • 12 posts

                      Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

                      I have our DJ booked for the ceremony.. but now I have to come up with all of these songs! lol I am trying to get a theme together for the songs.. but i cannot decide on a song to walk down the aisle to! I guess I would prefer it has no words.. but I am worried if I do something like canon in D it will be such a stark contrast to the theme of songs in the prelude, seating of parents, etc!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users