Jackie

Dreams Cabo Brides

Congratulations on booking your wedding Teira1031! I am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos on April 11, 2011, David is my wedding co-ordinator.  Have you organised your room block yet?  I am in the process of doing mine at the moment!

Good luck with all your planning.

Congratulations to you too! We were originally planning our wedding for April 11 but it was already booked :) it's exciting to talk to somebody that's getting married there the same week! I hvent started working on our room blocks yet, are you doing it through the hotel or through a travel agent?

I got my contract from Yarai today and am totally confused about it, there is a section that says there is a surcharge of $75 per person but I thought that the Ultimate wedding package was for up to 20 guests so im not sure why I'd be paying for each person on top of that?

Also it has an address to send our deposit to,  so do i send the contract with the check or do i mail/fax it directly to Yarai?

I am so lost... please help!!!!

The amount per person is for people over and above the 20 included in the package.  I scanned and emailed my contract and cc info for the deposit directly to Yarai and it was no problem.  Yarai is super nice, if you have questions or concerns, just ask her.

Originally Posted by Teira1031 View Post

Congratulations to you too! We were originally planning our wedding for April 11 but it was already booked :) it's exciting to talk to somebody that's getting married there the same week! I hvent started working on our room blocks yet, are you doing it through the hotel or through a travel agent?

It certainly is if you need any help with vendors let me know i have a great photographer booked (who is very reasonable) and a d.j.  Cindy is right about the $75, also if you have guest that dont stay at dreams you have to pay $89 for them to come to dreams.  I was going to do the Ultimate package but when we worked out the cost of it against doing it seperately it worked out better for us not to do it as there were a few things included that we didn't want/need.

David gave me a room rate which i thought was great but on further investigation i have found that it is possible to get cheaper rates elsewhere.  Tammy is great with dreams and is currently working on a contract for me, i would definitely contact her.

Also send the check and the contract to the address supplied, that also confused me as the address is not in mexico, i live in Australia and just put mine in the post to that address.

Good luck with the planning.

Victoria

I had the same confusion, as I'm getting married the 23rd of April.  You guys are right about the rates, I also questioned Yarai about the address.  Seems like if we all had the confusion, maybe they could make it somewhat easier. 

As for the room blocks, I don't want to, but I found quite a bit cheaper online.  I'm hoping this doesn't backfire, but I've heard that if Dreams bumps guests to another hotel, they aren't charged the $89/person rather the $70.  Because they are the ones who overbooked. 

Hope you guys are having a great time planning :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwibride View Post

It certainly is if you need any help with vendors let me know i have a great photographer booked (who is very reasonable) and a d.j. 

Is Dreams charging you a vendor fee to bring in outside vendors? The PowerPoint that they sent out mentions a fee, but doesn't say how much it is. We're thinking about bringing in our own photographer.

Thanks!
Jeanette

I also found rates cheaper online than through the resort or a travel agent, so I'm not sure what to do because it's nice to have a TA as a contact person for people traveling with us because I don't want to be responsible for booking everybody

Hi Jeanette,

As far as I know they are only charging me the day rate that they charge for non-hotel guests who are coming ($89).  The photographer I am using lives is cabo and had to go and have a meeting with them to be approved to work at the resort!

Victoria

Originally Posted by afpfgirl View Post

Quote:

Is Dreams charging you a vendor fee to bring in outside vendors? The PowerPoint that they sent out mentions a fee, but doesn't say how much it is. We're thinking about bringing in our own photographer.

Thanks!
Jeanette

Dreams doesn't charge for outside vendors.  They only request that your vendors sign up with them as perferred vendors.