Dreams Cabo Brides

Jackie

I know that dreams has begun a preffered vendor program but I am certain DJ Ricardo is part of that.

I wonder if there are additional changes? I am sure someone will be able to provide a clearer answer for you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Dreams, in Cabo (brother's wedding May 20/09) and I wanted to let everyone, that is having a wedding soon, not to worry about the Swine Flu. No sign, what so ever, of it anywhere or even any mention of it! I feel sorry for the people that changed their plans or cancelled because of it - there was no need to. We stressed out about it before hand but decided that we were going ahead no matter what (unless the flights got cancelled) and told everyone who was going that they had to make up their own minds. Everyone ended up going and we had the best time ever! The hotel, food, entertainment, pools were awsome. The wedding and the reception was more than we could have dreamed for. Everything turned out just beautiful! So just go ahead with your plans and don't worry - just enjoy!

Just to let you know, the wedding was held on the beach (behind the Gazebo) with the reception on the Oceana Terrace (it's a little more private on that side of the hotel, which is by the second pool). Their colors were purple and champagne/cream. Yessica may use some of the photos for their website once the photographer gets them developed so you may be able to see some photos of the set up.

Laura-Ashley (bridesmaid)

Edmonton, Alberta

Canadasmile03.gif

Yes that is a little concerning re: the outside vendors. I emailed a week ago about bringing a photographer JUST in case and I was told it was absolutely no problem (Our photographer will stay at the resort). But I wonder why there is an issue with a DJ?

Hello, everyone! My FI and I are considering having our wedding in Cabo, and right now Dreams is at the very top of our list. We met with one travel agent who was trying to sell us on the Beaches/Sandals resorts, but those seem a tad overpriced for what you're getting (to me, at least).

Everyone's posts here have been very helpful. I'll hopefully be posting soon that we're booked for our date!

regarding outside vendor policy: more info here:http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t37967-2

they are going to implement an outside vendor policy. it is because dreams wants to maintain a certain level of excellence regarding their weddings. it is really hard to do that if they have to work with vendors that they have never worked with or do not have the best reputation. what they are going to do is have a "preferred vendor list". to have your vendor get on that list, they need to contact the dreams wedding dept. and fill out the necessary forms, qualify etc. they will also be told the procedures at the resort, etc.

those vendors that do not want to be on the "preferred vendor list" will have to pay a fee. this is because it does take extra effort and man-power to work with a vendor that is not familiar with the resort.

Thanks for clarifying that Tammy. I will figure out what I need to do about my photographer and most likely since she's not from Cabo she would not be on a preferred vendor list. So I will make sure to bring this to her attention.

Other than that, I personally would find it a lot easier if they provided me with a list of vendors that they trust and who meet their standard. Makes less work for me!

Dreams is super detail oriented and like Tammy mentioned they are trying to maintain a level of excellence. My friend Jasmine is getting married at Dreams next year and during our wedding week I had a conversation with Marianna regarding this "outside vendor policy". Heather it won't affect you at all, and there are no extra costs associated with it on your part. You just need to make sure you provide the WC at Dreams with the vendor info and contact and also have the vendor contact the WC. They will work out the details. Usually the vendors just come in and drop off equipment, flowers etc... Its the Dreams WC that does the actually setting up and coordinating so they want to make sure that they have vendors that are reliable.

Yep, I've spoken to Yarai already about this. She just wanted to know who my vendors are, and for anyone she hasn't worked with before, she wanted their contact info just so she could give them the info on how they work at Dreams etc. There was no extra fee or anything, as far as I know. So far so good!