Dreams Cabo Brides

Jackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaandmatt View Post
So our save the dates went out last week and we already have people complaining about how expensive everything is to fly to Cabo and stay at Dreams. Many of my friends don't understand that its a really nice resort...I am not really sure what to say to them?? We are willing to help some of our friends out with rooms if they really can't afford them, but not if they are going to be calling me and yelling at me about the price of the trip!

Has anyone else had this problem?? What did you do/say?? I was not happy when my maid of honor called and complained...but she has always been like that anyway I guess.

I had a few people complain about the price too. I gave my guests the option to stay at a cheaper hotel than Dreams, as a few hundred dollars can make a huge different to some guests. Not sure if that is an option for you?

BTW, can my date be added to the list please? It's August 8th, 2009 :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, that does help! Which hotels did you offer? I am not sure what else is around there.

I need to be added to the list too, April 11th, 2009.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of market or something near Dreams where we could find flowers? I am thinking of making the bouquets myself. Just really simple ones since I am not very crafty! haha.

Quote:
So our save the dates went out last week and we already have people complaining about how expensive everything is to fly to Cabo and stay at Dreams. Many of my friends don't understand that its a really nice resort...I am not really sure what to say to them?? We are willing to help some of our friends out with rooms if they really can't afford them, but not if they are going to be calling me and yelling at me about the price of the trip!

Has anyone else had this problem?? What did you do/say?? I was not happy when my maid of honor called and complained...but she has always been like that anyway I guess.
I had this problem as well. I gave my guests the option to stay at a less expensive hotel. But they were still complaining because the airfare is still a bit expensive.

Quote:
Thanks, that does help! Which hotels did you offer? I am not sure what else is around there.

I need to be added to the list too, April 11th, 2009.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of market or something near Dreams where we could find flowers? I am thinking of making the bouquets myself. Just really simple ones since I am not very crafty! haha.
The hotels which I told my guests about were El Presidente Intercontinental, Best Western Posada Real, and Crown Plaza. All of them are all inclusive, but their rates are much better... I'm not too sure how far away these hotels are from Dreams, but i believe they shouldn't be more than a 10-20 min drive (I'm probably going to stay at one of these hotels for my site visit in December, so i'll be able to give you a better idea of the distance after that)..

As for flowers, i've been asking florists what their rates are for loose, unarranged flowers. I'm gonna get my mom and aunt to put together the bridesmaid bouquets.. I'm sure it's not too hard to do, there must be some demo about it on youtube or something :)

I had a lot of problems with people complaining too. No matter where a destination is, people are going to complain. THe main thing is that you have to be OK with people not being able to go, especially in this economy. What I did was include a info. sheet with my STD cards that gave options for hotels. The truth is, the other hotels near Dreams are NOT that much cheaper and they are not all inclusive. THe guests have to be told and understand that ALL their meals and drinks are paid for. This is worth at least $300 in 3 days. But when my guests saw that the other hotel prices were similar but didn't include food and drinks, they understood Dreams was a good deal. As for the airfare, you have no control over that. Im sure people are coming from all over the US so there is no place that is close to every state, you know?

Hope that helps!

I had a lot of problems with people complaining too. No matter where a destination is, people are going to complain. THe main thing is that you have to be OK with people not being able to go, especially in this economy. What I did was include a info. sheet with my STD cards that gave options for hotels. The truth is, the other hotels near Dreams are NOT that much cheaper and they are not all inclusive. THe guests have to be told and understand that ALL their meals and drinks are paid for. This is worth at least $300 in 3 days. But when my guests saw that the other hotel prices were similar but didn't include food and drinks, they understood Dreams was a good deal. As for the airfare, you have no control over that. Im sure people are coming from all over the US so there is no place that is close to every state, you know?

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

People are going to complain no matter what. Don't stress yourself out about it- that's half the reason we are going away- so that the people that don't really want to be there have a way out- the people that do want to be there will find a way. (However, we aren't having a bridal party at all, so that nobody felt obligated to go). Seriously, by the time we made our decision to go away, I didn't care if anyone went but us. (And we already have 36 people booked). The funny thing is, the people you least expect to go are the ones that will. We're going to have a very diverse, super-fun group that we never would have hand-picked ourselves. Makes it all the better.

Plus, you'll make yourselves go broke trying to help everyone else out.

Thanks for everyones help! I am definitely not as stressed now, and realize that the people we really want to be there will be...and that's all that matters! I also found out some of our San Diego friends are thinking about driving down...which will save them on costs if they want to do that.

I am realizing that we are going to go broke helping people out...so the only people we are helping are my fiance's grandpa, who is like 85, and maybe his sister who is in the bridal party on my side. The rest of the people will just have to figure it out...and as much as our friends tend to drink...it is well worth the price of the rooms! I told the girls in the wedding that if they can't make it thats ok too, so they don't feel pressured.

At this point, I wouldn't care if it were just Matt and I...and I am just so excited for the wedding and everything!!!

Thanks again for everyone who replied to my post...We are the first people in our families doing a destination wedding, so it is really nice to talk to other people who understand the things that go along with destination weddings!

I am so happy i found this forum...what would I do without all of you?? :)

I know its a hard situation but ...you can't be worried about everyone else. The people that WANT to go, will be there. I sent out STDs and many people responded yes that I never thought, and some people I assumed would go are not coming. Either way, I totally understand. It is a lot of money, and in the end Matt and I, and our immediate family are most important. Everyone else is just a bonus! I feel your pain though...it's a happy time and you get bummed out when people find things to complain about!

I am the first in my family to do a DW, so I am in the same exact spot. I am trying my best just to tume the complainers out!foshizzle.bmp