Dreams Cabo Brides

Jackie

Originally Posted by proti007 View Post

We're doing both a legal and symbolic ceremony in Cabo. Rev. Archeigo will be performing our symbolic ceremony for us, and then we'll have a judge do the legal right afterwards (it's really just signing papers, from what Mariana has told us). We really didn't want to get married before our after the wedding day, as we didn't like the idea of being. It's really not a lot of work to get it done in Mexico, not sure why so many people don't do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRJAdams View Post

Do most of you do the legal ceremony where you have to get your blood taken & tested? Im sketching on that a little bit... Not sure if Im interested in getting my blood drawn in Mexico.

In Colorado we didnt have to get "married" again, it was just a matter of getting the license and signing it on the spot it was done. So there was no need for a legal day or any of that extra stuff. Since the process was cheaper, easier and faster, that is what worked best for us. Esp since we didnt need to wait on any documents to arrive from mexico, it allowed me to legally change my name and stuff right away.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That totally makes sense in your situation. In Canada, everyone seems to have a legal day before (where they actually get married) and then do the symbolic one there. My FI and I saw the paperwork and bloodwork as a small hoop to jump through, and our preference was to actually become husband and wife legally and spiritually, on our wedding day :)

Originally Posted by Erika J View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by proti007 View Post

We're doing both a legal and symbolic ceremony in Cabo. Rev. Archeigo will be performing our symbolic ceremony for us, and then we'll have a judge do the legal right afterwards (it's really just signing papers, from what Mariana has told us). We really didn't want to get married before our after the wedding day, as we didn't like the idea of being. It's really not a lot of work to get it done in Mexico, not sure why so many people don't do it!

Quote:

Do most of you do the legal ceremony where you have to get your blood taken & tested? Im sketching on that a little bit... Not sure if Im interested in getting my blood drawn in Mexico.

In Colorado we didnt have to get "married" again, it was just a matter of getting the license and signing it on the spot it was done. So there was no need for a legal day or any of that extra stuff. Since the process was cheaper, easier and faster, that is what worked best for us. Esp since we didnt need to wait on any documents to arrive from mexico, it allowed me to legally change my name and stuff right away.

Hello BDW Ladies!

I am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos at the end of October and have been really enjoying the reviews. Thank you ever so much!

I would like to get more specific information from anyone who would like to share. What would you have done differently, if anything? How did you figure out your colors? Your music? Did you have someone play during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner? Where was the reception held? Did you hire a DJ? Finally, did you get any group discounts for the rooms or the airfare? Did you have a reception when you arrived back home for people who couldn't come to the actual wedding?

I've been so busy planning my business (opening next month) that I'm a little overwhelmed at all of the decisions still left to be made!

Thank you in advance for all of your help and guidance!

Love,

Karly

PS. I'm having trouble starting a new thread which is strange because I usually consider myself "tech savvy"! LOL!

Welcome Karly!

i am getting married April 7th at the dreams! Have you set a date & wedding package? Who is your wedding coordinator at the dreams?

We're doing a 5:30pm beach ceremony and then a cocktail hour from 6-7, then receptions including dinner, dancing, cake and of course flower & garter toss. Our wedding colors are Fuschia & orange. I have booked DJ Fradal to dj from start to finish, Suzanne Morel for Hair & Make up, and have been working with Lola at Florenta Design on our centerpieces and cake flowers. I have been working with a client of mine who happens to be a TA and she has been amazing. We will be having a Portland reception sometime after we get back but i really havent even started planning it yet.

Originally Posted by KarlyBee View Post

Hello BDW Ladies!

I am getting married at Dreams Los Cabos at the end of October and have been really enjoying the reviews. Thank you ever so much!

I would like to get more specific information from anyone who would like to share. What would you have done differently, if anything? How did you figure out your colors? Your music? Did you have someone play during the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner? Where was the reception held? Did you hire a DJ? Finally, did you get any group discounts for the rooms or the airfare? Did you have a reception when you arrived back home for people who couldn't come to the actual wedding?

I've been so busy planning my business (opening next month) that I'm a little overwhelmed at all of the decisions still left to be made!

Love,

Karly

PS. I'm having trouble starting a new thread which is strange because I usually consider myself "tech savvy"! LOL!

Hi Teira!

Yay! I'm so excited for you! It's coming up so soon! Your colors sound great!

Our date is October 24th. We will get married in the gazebo and we still haven't decided where to have the reception yet. I'm thinking Oceana or Cascade. Where are you having the reception?

We're doing the Deluxe wedding package and our WC is Yarai, who has been very sweet. I know that she's busy so I always expect to hear back from her within 2-4 days since my wedding is relatively far away.

Are you having DJ Fradal play during the ceremony too? Um..I feel really silly but...what's a TA?

Thank you for all of your help! I can't wait to hear more about your wedding...really, I get super-excited to hear about decorations, OOT bags...you name it!

Karly

We're having our reception on the Cascade Terrace. I love the idea of overlooking the ocean, we wanted a DW for the scenery and think that the cascade has the best scenery from what i can tell in other peoples pictures.

We're doing the Love package just one step down from the ultimate. And i am also working with Yarai who has been so great. I cant wait to finally meet her!

We booked our rooms and entire trip through our TA. We have 20 people going and everybody booked through the room block she set up for us and for every night that there is 5 rooms booked we get ours for free! Total bonus! And each room gets $200 hotel vouchers.

We ordered canvas totes for $.99 each at www.cheaptotes.com and am going to be doing iron on transfers on them . I really need to get my butt in gear and get some projects done. I'm heading out of town this weekend to pick up my dress and get all my alterations done! So exciting!

Have you decided on a theme or wedding colors at all?

Hi Teira!

Yay! I'm so excited for you! It's coming up so soon! Your colors sound great!

Our date is October 24th. We will get married in the gazebo and we still haven't decided where to have the reception yet. I'm thinking Oceana or Cascade. Where are you having the reception?

We're doing the Deluxe wedding package and our WC is Yarai, who has been very sweet. I know that she's busy so I always expect to hear back from her within 2-4 days since my wedding is relatively far away.

Are you having DJ Fradal play during the ceremony too? Um..I feel really silly but...what's a TA?

Thank you for all of your help! I can't wait to hear more about your wedding...really, I get super-excited to hear about decorations, OOT bags...you name it!

Karly

Congrats Carly!

We're getting married at Dreams at the end of July. Our wedding colours are yellow and sand (we're incorporating a lot of burlap and twine - I've attached an inspiration board!). We have the Ultimate package, so we're having a mariachi band during cocktails, and are using DJ Ricardo during dinner and for dancing. He's also setting up all of our music for the ceremony. We're anticipating about 40-50 people in attendance, and wanted a small, intimate feel, so we decided on the Oceana Pool Terrace. I loved the idea of having an area of the hotel for ourselves; from what I've been told by previous brides, it's very secluded and private. I've hired Neysa Berman for hair and makeup, and am also working with Lola @ Florenta for centerpieces, etc (she has been incredible, and has totally understood my vision!). Our WC is Mariana (also amazing) and we've just hired Rev. Marco to do our symbolic ceremony. We opted to have guests book on their own (via Expedia, Travelocity or their own TA, as travelling from Canada has proved to have a few complications) and Mariana has already upgraded us to the Honeymoon Suite (we booked a Junior Suite via Expedia). We're having two wedding-related parties for both sides of our families (I'm from Toronto and Greg is from Edmonton - we live in Calgary) and thus will be having a big engagement party this weekend in Toronto (about 100 people) and an "at-home" reception in Edmonton in August (about 250 people).

Hope this helps!!!

Natalie

Hello BDW Ladies!

Love,

Karly

We are doing legal ceremony. The blood will be taken in our hotel room. I am not worried at all :) 

It is definitely more work, but my heart is set on getting married in Cabo with my family and friends present.