Photo

Never thought I consider this...but dyeable shoes? Anyone????

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JQLong

JQLong
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hi Ladies....I was wondering if anyone here have had their shoes dyed or intend on getting dyeables.  Here is my dilemma....

My dress is ivory and our colors are yellow & turquoise (I recently decided to add a splash of pink too).  I have become obsessed with finding turquoise shoes....AND....I have looked everywhere!  The issue is, I am already a tall woman...5'11 and I don't want to tower over my Dad (he is so cute and compact) and I don't want to be tall as (or taller than) my fiance.  Shoes I have seen in my color are all 4'' or higher (sheesh!).Sooooo today at work, I came up with an idea (lol) to get the shoes dyed.  I have found some AWESOME shoes that want make me look like"Attack of the 50 foot woman" online. I called and was advised that I could buy the shoes from the site, try them on and send back with a swatch and they would dye them...for $12.00 (shoes are reasonable too).  If I sent my own, the dye job would be $25.00 (hmmmmm). 

Has anyone tried this?  I really want turquoise shoes!!! But I don't want to be 7'' walking down the aisle with my compact Dad!

JQ

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

I have had a pair of shoes dyed before.  I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding and she wanted us all the having matching white shoes.  They were dyable shoes, so after her wedding I dyed them a blue color just because I thought I would never wear the shoes if they were white.  They turned out great and were exactly the color I wanted.  I say if you can't find any shoes you like then consider dyables.  Its a great way to get a great shoe and the color you want without being 4 inch heels!!

#3 JQLong

JQLong
    • 336 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

@JayKay....I think I am remembering a wedding I was in many years ago and the shoes were HIDEOUS!!!!  Fortunately dyeables have gotten cuter!  I think I may go that route....I am going for the Goddess look....but I don't want to be a 20'' statue!

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#4 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

There are lots of cute dyable shoes our there these days!  Good luck finding the perfect shoes:)

Originally Posted by JQLong 

@JayKay....I think I am remembering a wedding I was in many years ago and the shoes were HIDEOUS!!!!  Fortunately dyeables have gotten cuter!  I think I may go that route....I am going for the Goddess look....but I don't want to be a 20'' statue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users