OOT Bags? How the heck am I going to get all of that to Jamaica??

Thanks that is a good idea. I see so many people packing things like first aid kits and mouthwash and hand sanitizer etc. I think I'm just going to personalize the canvas bag and throw some local things in it when we get there. Thanks again.

It's always a great idea to include some local things in the bags, to welcome guests to the location, so that could be a way to get around the need to pack everything. Try local alcohols, soft drinks/juices, sweets, or packaged snacks. It gives guests a way to try something new without having to pay for it, and gets them in the mood for vacation :)

Here is the latest on my oot bag dilemma. Not sure if it was on this thread or not but someone posted a ladies email and said she has Appleton rum for so much a case. They have 6 different sizes and 3 or 4 different flavors. Her name is Jodieanne Simpson and she told me that they would gladly deliver and accept COD. She said they are only 15 minutes from iberostar rose hall beach. Her email address is Jodianne.Simpson@wrayandnephew.com I just sent her an email back asking her if they have other items we could purchase but haven't gotten a response yet. Hope this helps everyone! Felicia

Is it just all of the stuff weighing you guys down? You're making me panic about how to get my OOT bag stuff down to Florida now (I live in Nova Scotia, Canada) and most of the stuff I've told/asked my parents and brothers to take with them in their luggage.. my bulkiest thing will probably be Bubba Keg Mugs for the guys (haven't decided if I'm buying any for the ladies as well lol, I wasn't planning to until I saw their awesome color choices they have now, purples and aquas, etc.). But I'm not taking any bottled water or anything. What are your heaviest items?

And with a cruise, once you check your luggage when you arrive it's not guaranteed to show up in your room until after the boat leaves the port, which is like 6 hours later so they've already told us to take everything on board that we will need for the wedding.. including wedding dress, bridesmaids and groomsmen attire, shoes, wedding reception items, etc. So I don't think OOT bags will make it to the guests until after the actual wedding, but I really want guests to have the bags delivered to their rooms and I'm trying to keep it a surprise.. so I may enlist the help of my MOH to assemble the guests bags the night before the wedding (We're only going to be there one day in advance and will be with EVERYone), but I'll keep the MOH/Best Man and Bridesmaids/Groomsmen bags to myself and my fiancee since we're putting their extra little gifts in there.

Frankly, heaviest I think are the flip flops and mini sunscreen we got oh,and we also got nail kits, so these add weight.. otherwise everything is pretty much light. Since we're going with west jet, it's only $20 per extra bag ... which is not bad.

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie View Post

Is it just all of the stuff weighing you guys down? You're making me panic about how to get my OOT bag stuff down to Florida now (I live in Nova Scotia, Canada) and most of the stuff I've told/asked my parents and brothers to take with them in their luggage.. my bulkiest thing will probably be Bubba Keg Mugs for the guys (haven't decided if I'm buying any for the ladies as well lol, I wasn't planning to until I saw their awesome color choices they have now, purples and aquas, etc.). But I'm not taking any bottled water or anything. What are your heaviest items?

And with a cruise, once you check your luggage when you arrive it's not guaranteed to show up in your room until after the boat leaves the port, which is like 6 hours later so they've already told us to take everything on board that we will need for the wedding.. including wedding dress, bridesmaids and groomsmen attire, shoes, wedding reception items, etc. So I don't think OOT bags will make it to the guests until after the actual wedding, but I really want guests to have the bags delivered to their rooms and I'm trying to keep it a surprise.. so I may enlist the help of my MOH to assemble the guests bags the night before the wedding (We're only going to be there one day in advance and will be with EVERYone), but I'll keep the MOH/Best Man and Bridesmaids/Groomsmen bags to myself and my fiancee since we're putting their extra little gifts in there.