Photo

DIY Brooch Bouquet

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#101 Barash

Barash
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

It looks just great! Amazing job! How much did it cost you in total?

#102 Barash

Barash
    • 72 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Oups! I didn't notice there are 10 pages of discussions. Should have quoted the 1st post...

Lots of amazing bouquets in here!

#103 JillTran

JillTran
      • Vendor
      • 116 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea so much! Thank you for sharing your great ideas, gives me great inspiration!

-Jill

#104 sswed13

sswed13
        • 178 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

Gorgeous. I will attempt!

#105 acireta

acireta
          • Site Supporter
          • 750 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Barash View Post

It looks just great! Amazing job! How much did it cost you in total?

I never did a price breakdown! It was about $100 for all the brooches, about $3/each. It was probably about $100 for all the rest of the supplies (real-touch roses, leaves, wire, tape, ribbon, photo charm). Considering they're $500-600 on Etsy, I saved myself a lot of money! But it was a big project.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#106 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
            • 593 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I knew right away a brooch bouquet was what I wanted.v I'm not a fan of artificial flowers so its a way to avoid using fresh flowers without it necessarily being "tacky" because you are making a stunning keepsake. I purchased my brooches already but spent way too much for them. I spent about $160- purchased them from a store called Charming Charlie an got a sale- spend $100 save $20- so I bought $200 worth for a total of $160. The rest of the supplies will bring the project to $200. I purchased blue and green hydrangeas from Michaels to fill in the gaps- but during the Christmas season, my mom found these really great wire garlands with crystals and they are so pretty- she really can just make the bouquet from that! I tried to convince her to let me return the brooches and just use the crystal wire but she wants to try and make the brooch bouquet. I am also attaching a wedding photo of my grandparents who passed away. I am so excited to see the final product. I will be showing my mother the tutorial so she can make my bouquet!

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#107 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
              • 381 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I knew right away a brooch bouquet was what I wanted.v I'm not a fan of artificial flowers so its a way to avoid using fresh flowers without it necessarily being "tacky" because you are making a stunning keepsake. I purchased my brooches already but spent way too much for them. I spent about $160- purchased them from a store called Charming Charlie an got a sale- spend $100 save $20- so I bought $200 worth for a total of $160. The rest of the supplies will bring the project to $200. I purchased blue and green hydrangeas from Michaels to fill in the gaps- but during the Christmas season, my mom found these really great wire garlands with crystals and they are so pretty- she really can just make the bouquet from that! I tried to convince her to let me return the brooches and just use the crystal wire but she wants to try and make the brooch bouquet. I am also attaching a wedding photo of my grandparents who passed away. I am so excited to see the final product. I will be showing my mother the tutorial so she can make my bouquet!

Charming Charlie! Why didn't I think to look there? I will check them out this weekend :)

#108 EVKnowsitall

EVKnowsitall
                • 593 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by AnaSteele58 

Charming Charlie! Why didn't I think to look there? I will check them out this weekend :)

I love Charming Charlie- I can spend hours there. It would have been cheaper to buy the brooches separately online but I couldn't contain my excitement- I wanted my mom to start right away so I wanted to buy them all in one place. Although it was slightly more money, it wasn't too bad and many of the brooches were shaped like flowers. I bought them all in the same silver color because my base flowers are blue and green and I didn't want a crazy amount of colors but the cool thing about Charming Charlie is that everything is in sections by colors. 

I want to go back just to shop for jewelry. I might buy my wedding jewelry there as well. Originally I thought Swarovski- because it's costume jewelry but done tastefully- but I didn't want to spend the money. Im trying to cut corners wherever I can because my costs are mounting- Charming Charlie has a lot of nice pieces- plus my dress has a lot going on so for simple pieces- why spend an arm and a leg?

BTW Any ladies making their bouquets- Michael's has the artificial flowers for 50% off and a coupon for 40% off any one regular priced item (the discount comes off the highest priced item) I suggest you use the digital smartphone coupon in a transaction and also print one out and just make two separate purchases so you can use the coupon twice. Yay for coupons lol

Etsy also has some inexpensive brooches but when you factor in the shipping- sometimes it's just cheaper to buy them in a store. I saw a few in New York and Company as well and they have incredible coupons. The jewelry is buy one get one free or 50% off a lot of the time- they just don't have as much variety but if you are looking to fill the bouquet for cheap- it can be an option.

Happily married to the love of my life- since July 5, 2013

#109 fenikjo

fenikjo
                  • 152 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Beautiful job.

#110 Stephanie Fritz

Stephanie Fritz
                    • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

You did an awesome job!  Thanks for the tutorial. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users