Photo

Turn Something Old into Something Else

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weddingaway

weddingaway
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Hello, ladies!  I happen to be very fortunate to have such generous people around me.... 

A few months ago, my sister offered for me to use her veil from her wedding a year ago.  And I really liked the idea because we don't have heirlooms or anything so it would be nice to incorporate something from my family into my ensemble.  Well, just recently, my FMIL (who has no daughters) offered for me to use her veil.  It is over 30 years old, and may or may not be in good repair (I haven't seen it yet), but it is very significant that she even offered so I would like to try to use it as well.

I know some other BDWers have mentioned that they have had old veils altered into something else that isn't a veil, but now, of course, I can't find anything about it.  What can you convert a veil into?  Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

I don't know what you could make the veil into, but you could use both of the veils and put them together to make a two tiered veil then you still include both of them.

Originally Posted by weddingaway 

Hello, ladies!  I happen to be very fortunate to have such generous people around me.... 

A few months ago, my sister offered for me to use her veil from her wedding a year ago.  And I really liked the idea because we don't have heirlooms or anything so it would be nice to incorporate something from my family into my ensemble.  Well, just recently, my FMIL (who has no daughters) offered for me to use her veil.  It is over 30 years old, and may or may not be in good repair (I haven't seen it yet), but it is very significant that she even offered so I would like to try to use it as well.

I know some other BDWers have mentioned that they have had old veils altered into something else that isn't a veil, but now, of course, I can't find anything about it.  What can you convert a veil into?  Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#3 weddingaway

weddingaway
    • 196 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

I didn't even think of that!  Thanks for the input.

#4 wendyjd

wendyjd
      • 968 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

Could you use the tulle in your bouquet, possibly as a wrap around the base/stems if your FMIL is in poor shape? 

http://www.etsy.com/..._facet=handmade 

Or you could turn one of them into tulle flowers for your hair:

http://www.etsy.com/..._facet=handmade 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users