MY OOT Bags with pics and templates

First ~ your oot bags are beautiful.  I love the huge tote, I am searching for orange one's myself (without much luck).  I have some questions for you, first your tags on your bags, you say you got them from Paper Presentation, yet on the website it says they are printer friendly, how did you get your names on the tags?

Secondly, the petal enclosure, maybe I am not looking hard enough, yet I don't see that on their site.  We do hav a store right in town, yet I'd like to know what I am looking for.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you for sharing!!

Originally Posted by marichu77 View Post

I think I spent the most time on the OOT bags for this upcoming wedding. It took forever to finally decide on what bags I wanted, and then it took months to gather all the items I wanted as the contents of the bags. Plus it didn't help that I wasn't sure exactly how many people were going. But all the RSVPs are in, the final headcount is done. And here it is:

I got the bags from a wholesaler on ebay: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Deal-Rack

It was $165 for 48 pcs. I think there may be even cheaper options out there (such as the Dollar Store), but I couldn't find a tote bag like this in yellow. I'm very happy with the quality of the bag.

The tags on the bag are from Paper Presentation.

001.JPG

002.JPG

I got the first aid kits ($1 each)  from medco.com and almost all the meds that I packed in there were from medco.com as well.

006.JPG

Here is the template for the label on the first aid kit. I just bought a whole sheets of label paper from Staples and printed on them. Then I used a paper cutter to cut each label and attached them to the first aid kit.

007.JPG

Here are the packets all in the first aid kit: I got Advil, Emergen-C, Pepto Bismol, Tylenol (not from medco), Imodium A-D (the blistore packs), and LifeSavers candy (from CVS)

003.JPG

I got the idea for the Imodium A-D envelope from another bride on BDW but I can't remember who! They look really cute.

004.JPG

Here is the template for it and the safety info that I inserted as well:

I also bought some antibacterial hand gel from Bath and Body when they were on sale for about .69 cents each, some lip balm from Avon when they were also on sale (pink for the ladies and just white ones for the guys), tissue packets that one of my mom's co-workers got at a dollar store (9 packets of tissue sold for $1), Shout wipes from medco.com. I placed them all in ziplock "biohazard" bags that I was able to get from people who work in hospitals, and topped it off with a camouflaged label that I printed out using cardstock. Here's the finished survival kit product:

001.JPG

Here's the template for the bag topper. I'm not sure if the background camouflage image and the "Survival Kit" font will show up. In any case, you can download the font in dafont.com. The font's name is "Steamer".

Included are also yellow and gray pashminas which I bought from Pioneer Group in downtown NYC. They were 12 for $26. Not shown are rolled up handkerchiefs for the men. All the tags were made by me by printing on cardstock and then using a 2-inch round cutter to make each tag. I used a paper cutter with rectangular holes to thread the ribbon onto each side of the tag.

001.JPG

004.JPG

Here is the template for the pashmina tags:

I also have water guns that I bought from Oriental Trading (25 for $10) and playing cards that I got from a wholesaler in downtown NY ($6 for 10). Ignore the pink pashmina in the picture. 

002.JPG

Finally, there's the welcome letter that I will place in the front pocket of each bag. The petal enclosure and paper were all from Paper Source. The twine was from Michael's. I will also be placing a travel brochure and wedding timeline in the bag but I still have to finish designing it on VistaPrint.

001.JPG

003.JPG

And that's it! I hope this helps someone out!!

Wedding Survival Kit.ppt

imodium AD envelopes.ppt

imodium safety info.ppt

survival kit bag.doc

pashminalabel.doc

• 2 weeks later...