April 2012 at GPLH in JAmaica?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 MrsD

MrsD
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am an April 2012 bride at the GPLH as well!!! WOW there are so many of us, and a lot in the same week!! I have been stalking this website/msg boards since we booked our destination wedding which was 8 months ago hahaha...I finally have decided to start posting/asking questions etc... There is so much helpful information on here!  (I'm from Ontario Canada by the way too! Shout out to all the other Canadian Brides!)

My wedding is April 18 2012 at 4pm!

So excited for everyone!!

#32 belledame

belledame
    • 195 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:20 PM

@angel1929.

congratulations! Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.

#33 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:14 PM

were getting married april 14th at the GPLH...congrats on the planning

Originally Posted by MrsD 

Hi Everyone!

I am an April 2012 bride at the GPLH as well!!! WOW there are so many of us, and a lot in the same week!! I have been stalking this website/msg boards since we booked our destination wedding which was 8 months ago hahaha...I finally have decided to start posting/asking questions etc... There is so much helpful information on here!  (I'm from Ontario Canada by the way too! Shout out to all the other Canadian Brides!)

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#34 Vancity Bride

Vancity Bride
        • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi MrsD!!

WOW!! We share the same wedding date the resort! Our wedding is on April 18 @ 2pm!! I live in Vancouver and I'm SO excited for the big day - just under 5 months now!! How have you found dealing with the resort? Can I ask - are you using the resort photographer or bringing your own?

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!!

Cheers!!

#35 melino

melino
          • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

Hello Ladies. I am beginning to get really excited, our date is approaching fast. Great to have this thread.

#36 melino

melino
            • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

My date is 2 days after yours, we are arriving on the 17th, maybe I will see you.

#37 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
              • 610 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

So happy to help!!!  I don't know what I would have done without this site.

The Poseidon was a decent enough size, definitely large enough for a reception.  Seating is kind of in a L shape, so that could help with making it more private.

I worked with Sandy from Tai Flora for flowers, and the resort for my centerpieces.  Flowers weren't bad at all (price), but I'm unsure if you can upgrade bouquets any longer (if upgrading to one not on the site).  At last minute they were trying to say I can only use the upgrades listed on the site, however, it was pretty easy for me to get my way. LOL

I brought other decorations with me and they decorated it for no extra cost.  I don't think you will have an issue with the paper lanterns.  They will look really pretty. :)

Happy Planning!

Originally Posted by Ryryks5 

Thank you Beachbridein11 ... I feel much better about the location. I was also able to finally find a few more pictures of what The Posiedon actually looks like (inside and out) from what you remember, was it on the smaller side? It looks like you chose the Waves of Love wedding package, which is what i picked as well. I was wondering who you worked with for your flowers/center pieces for the reception. Did you find it to be expensive? Also, are you able to add some decor to match your style at the reception (ie: white hanging paper lanterns etc.) Sorry for all the questions but you are THE most helpful person! All of your ideas and suggestions are SO helpful!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#38 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                • 610 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#39 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

really? i was told if i got them to decorate the reception it was going to cost me 200.00 ....thats why i was goiong to do it, but now im gonna talk to my W/C thanx for the input this helps...i mean as if im not going to have enough to do already lol

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

So happy to help!!!  I don't know what I would have done without this site.

The Poseidon was a decent enough size, definitely large enough for a reception.  Seating is kind of in a L shape, so that could help with making it more private.

I worked with Sandy from Tai Flora for flowers, and the resort for my centerpieces.  Flowers weren't bad at all (price), but I'm unsure if you can upgrade bouquets any longer (if upgrading to one not on the site).  At last minute they were trying to say I can only use the upgrades listed on the site, however, it was pretty easy for me to get my way. LOL

I brought other decorations with me and they decorated it for no extra cost.  I don't think you will have an issue with the paper lanterns.  They will look really pretty. :)

Happy Planning!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#40 GPBride2012

GPBride2012
                    • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi there!

Can you send me that thread please!!! =)

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users