70 replies to this topic

#11 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

We are using an outside photographer and there are no restrictions at all.

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock 

Welcome to the forum...  check out our wiki, has 2 million links to slideshows here in the RM, if you are planning from another country, this will be helpful.
http://www.bestdesti...ws-riviera-maya

also, a few TTD images to get the imagination stirring.

http://delsolphotogr...Trash-The-Dress

Grand Bahia to my knowledge has big restrictions on outside photographers, so if photos are impt, don't choose that hotel :(

good luck,

saludos

matt

#12 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

I'm getting married at Gran Bahia too in November and have an outside photographer and all I have to do is pay the day pass. there aren't any other restrictions so I'm not sure where you're getting your info from.

Originally Posted by greatbritain 

Thanks for that info Dutchie600. Was your friend pleased with the photographer she hired? Any words of wisdom/advice or opinion on Gran Bahia? I have put in a few requests to TA's and haven't heard back from them but I am hoping to start the process as soon as possible. Until then, I am still reading around on here and trying to figure things out.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#13 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'm getting married at Gran Bahia Jamaica too in November. Check out

Thanks for that info Dutchie600. Was your friend pleased with the photographer she hired? Any words of wisdom/advice or opinion on Gran Bahia? I have put in a few requests to TA's and haven't heard back from them but I am hoping to start the process as soon as possible. Until then, I am still reading around on here and trying to figure things out.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#14 greatbritain

greatbritain
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

Thank you so much for your input! We have decided to go with Jamaica and I'm just starting the early stages, working with a TA. I see quite a few are getting married at Gran Bahia so that's one of the places my TA is looking into along with a few other options. I will update to let everyone know where the final booking is (I'm excited to know myself so I can relax...a little?) Thank you also for the photographer suggestion, I'm going to check out his work!

Originally Posted by acw271011 

I'm getting married at Gran Bahia Jamaica too in November. Check out www.merrickcousley.com  He's local Jamaica and his pics are gorgeous and no - there's no restrictions on outside photographers. Congrats on the engagement. In terms of "no fuss" you can't go wrong with Jamaica. I think it's easier than RM. Good luck.

#15 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Congrats on getting half way there!  Now that you picked the location you just need to pick the resort!  We are also using Merrick Cousley as our photographer.  We love his pics and found his prices and packages to be the best value.

Originally Posted by greatbritain 

Thank you so much for your input! We have decided to go with Jamaica and I'm just starting the early stages, working with a TA. I see quite a few are getting married at Gran Bahia so that's one of the places my TA is looking into along with a few other options. I will update to let everyone know where the final booking is (I'm excited to know myself so I can relax...a little?) Thank you also for the photographer suggestion, I'm going to check out his work!

#16 to be mrs scuba

to be mrs scuba
    • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:52 AM

Look into the Iberostar Resorts in Montego Bay.  They are beautiful!!  There is a whole forum dedicated to the resorts, and it is sooo helpful to read about past brides and current brides Idea's and tips.

Pick a resort and secure a date, and the rest will fall into place :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Welcome, and congrats on your recent engagement!  For us the most stressful part was picking a location and then the resort.  The most helpful thing we did was sit down and make a list of what is important to us, for example, resort size (small vs large), things to do at the resort, price range, wedding package prices, and wedding locations.  From there, we were able to pick a location, Jamaica, and then a resort, The Gran Bahia Principe.  We chose it because it fit exactly what we were looking for and was still affordable for our guests.  We also worked with a TA quite a bit before choosing our location.  Once we had narrowed it down to Jamaica, she recommended about 5 resorts that we researched further and were able to chose our dream resort. 

Good luck!

#17 to be mrs scuba

to be mrs scuba
      • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

I accidentially quoted the wrong person....SORRY, still new here!

#18 Dutchie600

Dutchie600
        • 53 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

She chose Stacey Clarke .. if you google her name she's the first to pop up.

Hiring a local is a good idea.. most have experience with the resort and know where all the good pics are taken.

I hear Merrick was amazing as well.

As for the Bahia. We chose Runaway bay because its not in a city. we wanted to get the Jamaican feel out of it. Ocho Rios and Montego Bay are very busy and loud cities. As well, we have three children. the Gran Bahia allows all children under the age of 12 to stay for free under one adult paying all inclusive.. Its kinda a sweet deal for us! 

Whatever you Chose will be perfect. Your getting married in Paradise!! There's no Limo's, Grouchy Relatives, waking up early mornings and expensive wedding costs!! 

If your interested theres a thread on here.. its 189 pages long. A lot of the Brides on there are already married and have posts GORGEOUS pics .. heres the link..

http://www.bestdesti...-out-there/1880

#19 Planner1Events

Planner1Events
          • 140 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

Hi there!!! If you are considering La Riviera Maya, take a look at this... sneak peak of the wedding we did a few months ago at the beautiful hotel Le Reve!

http://www.stylemepr...lanning-design/

Any questions, decor and flower info feel free to ask 

Congratulations and happy planning!

#20 LovestruckFilms

LovestruckFilms
            • 30 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

Hello Brides!  Congrats on your engagements!  We are Higher Definition Media, and we create cinematic wedding films.  Take a look at our most recent Destination Wedding!

We'd love to hear about your wedding!  If you are interested in our services, visit our website at www.hdmweb.com 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users