Photo

Turks & Caicos Resort -Walking distance to restaurants and shops?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 PJKirbs

PJKirbs
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

Good Afternoon,

Can someone tell me what resorts are closest in walking distance to most of the restaurants and shops?  I am looking at Windsong, Villa Del Mar, West Bay Club and Somerset. I want to be in the heart of everything so there's plenty to do and easy access. However, is West Bay Club that far? Also, what is the best value of them all.   Any info you all can lend would be most helpful! I plan on booking my trip this week. Why is it so harddddd?!  LOL! Thanks for all your feedback!

#2 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

Villa del Mar is in the heart of everything and in walking distance to a lot of shopping and restaurants.  Somerset, you can walk to a number and restaurants and shopping but it is a bit of a distance 1/2-3/4 of a mile.   Windsong and West Bay Club are really out on their own.  You will want a rental car or taxi to get to shopping or restaurants.  turksandcaicosreservations.tc will list all of the hotels and any special offerings they have all on one website. 

Krys

#3 PJKirbs

PJKirbs
      • 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

Hi Krys!  Thanks as always for your help!  It appears that Villa Del Mar is very popular on TripAdvisor. What is your opinion of this resort?  Just curious.  Also, can you tell me how far Leeward Bay is from Villa del Mar? We are getting married at Leeward Bay on October 21st (thanks to all of your previous input). 

Have a great day!

-PJKirbs

#4 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
        • Vendor
        • 336 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

Villa Del Mar is a lovely resort only about 2-3 years old.  It's not on the beachfront, just in front of Grace Bay Club with Beach access, but actually it's a shorter walk across to the beach than if you were staying at some resorts garden view rooms.  We've had a few friend stay there and loved it and the price is great.  The resort is about 3+ miles from Leeward (it's not a bay), it's not walkable (unless you want a real hike) but VDM is much closer to Leeward than the other resorts you mentioned.

Krys

#5 PJKirbs

PJKirbs
          • 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:40 AM

Thanks Krys!  I'm officially booked for my stay at Villa Del Mar and getting married at Leeward on 10/21. I'm so excited to finally have things finalized.  You were extremely helpful in this process.  You have no idea! Thanks for everything!!!

#6 PJKirbs

PJKirbs
            • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:14 AM

Hi Krys,

I hope you are doing well today.  As mentioned above, i am officially booked at Villa del Mar for my vacation in October. I am getting married in the Leeward area of Grace Bay. Woohoo! Can you tell me what resorts are closest to Villa del Mar in case our guests (if any decide to travel with us) need a more affordable option? Or, in case they want something more upscale? Any information you can lend would be most helpful! I can't thank you enough for being so helpful on this forum. You've helped me book the wedding of my dreams. Low key, and simple!  Best Regards!

Originally Posted by Tropical Imaging 

Villa Del Mar is a lovely resort only about 2-3 years old.  It's not on the beachfront, just in front of Grace Bay Club with Beach access, but actually it's a shorter walk across to the beach than if you were staying at some resorts garden view rooms.  We've had a few friend stay there and loved it and the price is great.  The resort is about 3+ miles from Leeward (it's not a bay), it's not walkable (unless you want a real hike) but VDM is much closer to Leeward than the other resorts you mentioned.

Krys

#7 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
              • 310 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:27 AM

Hi PJKirbs -

Congratulations!  I am actually getting married on the same day as you - October 21st at the Beaches resort.  We are having Ileana from TI take our pictures.  I am so excited!!

Originally Posted by PJKirbs 

Thanks Krys!  I'm officially booked for my stay at Villa Del Mar and getting married at Leeward on 10/21. I'm so excited to finally have things finalized.  You were extremely helpful in this process.  You have no idea! Thanks for everything!!!

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#8 PJKirbs

PJKirbs
                • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

Congrats Michelle!  I hear the Beaches Resort is amazing. I had a friend travel there a few years ago. She said the food is amazing!  I'm excited too and I wish you the best on your day!  I can't wait to see the beautiful Grace Bay beach in person. The pictures are simply breathtaking! 

#9 PJKirbs

PJKirbs
                  • 44 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

Michelle - I noticed your located in North Carolina! So are we!  Charlotte. Woohoo!

#10 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
                    • 310 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

What a small world.  I'm in Cary.  Actually I moved down here about 4 years ago.  I lived in NY my whole life.  But I LOVE NC!!!!

I heard Grace Bay is beautiful.  I am sure your wedding there will be amazing!

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users