• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tiffandjohn

• 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

For all brides looking to have a catholic destination wedding, look no further and book your stay at the Grand Palladium. I did a lot of research online, and found the chapel ( Nuestra senora de las nieves) on the Grand Palladium property by far the most breathtaking chapel in any resort within the Cancun and Maya Riviera surroundings. Our coordinator Erika was amazing, her entire wedding staff were true professionals and took care of every detail.

All you need to get married here is a letter from your priest granting permission to get married within the Catholic church and a certificate of completion for the premarriage course. My fiance and I, attend church every Sunday, so getting the letter was no problem. And we attended a weekend course of engaged encounters back in Toronto.

check out our highlight video and photos on studio 67's blog

#2 jenniferkuhr

• 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:02 PM

Awesome, thanks for sharing!  We're getting married at Nuestra Senora Del Carmen in Playa Del Carmen and it absolutely took my breath away when we visited.  I am SO excited!  Go Catholics!

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

Congratulations!  Looks like you had a perfect day!

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 Cris DaSilva

Cris DaSilva
        • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Wow your pictures look amazing!!!  I've been searching for a destination wedding that could not only accommodate a catholic ceremony but also on the resort property.  I was just wondering about safety measures....maybe I'm being paranoid, but did you have any concerns about travelling to Mexico?  I checked the Travel advisory on the DFAIT website and the concern seems to be more so for those who travel through the US by vehicle.  Thoughts?

#5 tiffandjohn

• 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hi cris, sorry for the delayed response. I don't check this account too often. After doing a lot of research it seemed that we were very limited to either Mexico, Cuba, and Dominican if we wanted a catholic wedding. Visiting all three countries, I would say Mexico by far had the superior resorts which would accommodate and please all 50 of our guests. Not to say that Mexico didn't have it challenges in convincing our family and friends to come. Mexico was in the news often leading up to our wedding with a lot of negative press. Our guest definitely had their concerns about the drugs and violence. However, doing a little online research, I found that all the crazy stuff we heard on the new was by the U.S-Mexico borders. We got married in Mayan riviera , which was thousands of miles away from there. It's unfortunate that Mexico as whole has to get such a bad rep because of those areas. Not sure where your group is traveling from, but I would definitely avoid border crossing by car. Our entire group was from Toronto, so we all pretty much flew to cancan and took a transfer bus to grand palladium resort. 

Safety was definitely not an issue once we got to the resort. They have a lot of security, just to get in the resort, not just anyone can come in. All of our guests had such an amazing time. Even the most skeptic of our family and friends who insisted in staying in the resort for the entire week ventured out. A lot of them took the public transportation and visited playa del Carmen, a near by town. A lot of our guests also left the resort to check out the ruins.

I would definitely go back to Mayan riviera for a vacation, especially since last time I was too busy with all the wedding chaos. Hopefully this gives you a better insight of Mexico! 

Good luck with the wedding planning :) 

#6 Pierre Violle

Pierre Violle
            • 272 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hi There!

Riviera Maya is a good option for a Catholic wedding. All along the coast thre is very different churches and chapels.

You can see

PIERRE VISUAL STUDIO - Wedding & TTD Photography

FACEBOOK Fan Page

#7 orchidccl

• 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Love your pictures!  Been thinking of getting married there as well.  I was wondering how was the reception area, and was there music provided for your party?

#8 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
                • Vendor
                • 336 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hello everyone!

Yes! ... There are several hotels with Catholic Chapels on site and also there are private locations with their Catholic Chapel as well along the Rivera Maya.  The process to get married is not that difficult since the Catholic Church is very well organized all around the world and there are also english speaking Priests in the area.

Happy planning!

#9 orchidccl

• 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

I am very interested in Grand Palladium.  I was wondering how much did your guests pay for their stay and did you get a travel agent in Canada?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users