Photo

Battery operated candles?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 redginger

redginger
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

We're having our reception dinner on the beach and the wind will probably blow out candles. We could use hurricane glass holders, but we really don't want to carry these on the plane! We're thinking of using LED battery operated candles. Anyone have recent experiences with using battery operated candles? How did they look and did they last long? Thanks for any help!

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

I use the battery operated LED ones in my home and they last forever!!  We are also going to use them for our wedding, I think they look just as good, without any of the hassle or the wind blowing them out or burning something down!

#3 redginger

redginger
    • 360 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:53 PM

That's great to hear, JayKay. Have you found a good website that sells nice, affordable ones? Thank you.

Originally Posted by JayKay 

I use the battery operated LED ones in my home and they last forever!!  We are also going to use them for our wedding, I think they look just as good, without any of the hassle or the wind blowing them out or burning something down!

#4 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

No, I haven't.  I haven't really looked much yet though.  If you do please let me know!!

Originally Posted by redginger 

That's great to hear, JayKay. Have you found a good website that sells nice, affordable ones? Thank you.

#5 xtenna

xtenna
      • 154 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:12 PM

Just make sure you don't buy the ones that turn on/off by blowing on them :)  I have those in my house & they work great BUT it would defeat the purpose for an outside wedding

June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users