Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ceecie

Iberostar Rose Hall SUITES - Jamaica 2012

Recommended Posts

We're getting married there May 30, 2012.  I totally understand the stress of choosing a resort, we were back and forth for months trying to find a happy medium between price and experience.  In the end we went for experience since most of our guests will be traveling out of the country for the first time.  Soo excited!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jade 28

Thanks so much for your post!  

I now know who the WC is and why it's been a nightmare to get in touch.

 

I just got back from NYC -I went to Kleinfelds looking for my wedding dress.  What a fun experience and best of all I said YES to the Dress woot.gif

 

 

Jade 28 - I was curious about the costs - so if you book your own florist and photographer do you get a credit back on the package??  Anyone else know?

 

Also another question re the documents.  My birth certificate doesn't have my dad's name on it? are they sticky on this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies-

I havent yet made a final decision on location but Iberostar Rose Hall is definitely a top contender.  I want my wedding sometime between July 1 and July 13 so I better get to deciding.  I like the idea of my guests staying at the suites and FI and I staying at the Grand.  I had that thought when I initally found the Iberostar complex so I'm glad to see it can be done (Thanks Jade28!).  Thanks for link and I will be reading and checking back in when I make my decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Hey Ceecie... I'm also getting married at the IRHS, January 18, 2012. I LOVE Say Yes to the Dress! How was Kleinfelds? Which dress did you end up choosing?

 

I've emailed Nicole about the Birth Certificate issue and haven't heard back... Have you heard anything?

Originally Posted by Ceecie View Post

Jade 28

Thanks so much for your post!  

I now know who the WC is and why it's been a nightmare to get in touch.

 

I just got back from NYC -I went to Kleinfelds looking for my wedding dress.  What a fun experience and best of all I said YES to the Dress woot.gif

 

 

Jade 28 - I was curious about the costs - so if you book your own florist and photographer do you get a credit back on the package??  Anyone else know?

 

Also another question re the documents.  My birth certificate doesn't have my dad's name on it? are they sticky on this?

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi RyGuysBride!

 

Congratulations :)  How is the planning going?

 

Kleinfelds was fabulous!  Sarah was my consultant and she is very talented!  It was really hard to choose as everything she brought out was amazing and what I wanted - LOL

They were taping a show while I was there too - cool to see.

 

My dress is a Maggie Sottero - 'clemence".

 

I have not heard anything - sorry.  The best luck I have had is when I call directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ceecie! I'm so jealous of your Kleinfelds trip! Please tell me you got to see Randy Fenoli!

I checked out your dress on the Maggie Sottero website and it's gorgeous. I'm looking for a similar shape but haven't found one that is quite right yet!

Other than booking the resort, dress shopping and looking into photographers, I haven't done much planning yet! It's going to be a busy few months ahead! How's your planning coming along!

I've yet to hear from Nicole... If I get a response I'll post the info about the birth certificates. I'll give her a week and then try calling. I'm thinking she's pretty busy!

 

Congrats again on the dress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did!!!woot.gif  He walked by and complemented me on my dress!

 

Thanks - I love my dress too - at first I thought it was too much but with all the complements, and encouragement and especially my Mom being speechless with tears in her eyes I had to go for it.  Stick with it your perfect dress is out there.

 

I just booked my Photographer - I went with Misha Earl she has been so amazing with responding to my questions and the write ups on the blogs are so amazing.  Since Pictures are my most important priority I splurged.

 

I've been talking with Guy Godfery for flowers and am waiting for some quotes from some other places so I can compare.

I booked Rachel Edwards for Make-up.  I'm trying to decide wether or not to go with her hair person or just go with the spa at the hotel. 

Save the dates went out two weeks ago, and invites were ordered yesterday!

 

ticking things off the list one at a time......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm pretty sure if Randy complimented a dress I had on I'd be sure it was the one! haha Also, tears from mom is always a good sign! I went to another dress store last night and I keep putting on dresses that I really like but I still haven't found one that feels perfect yet... Maybe I'm over thinking it. My mom is coming from out of town next weekend to shop so I'm hoping that will give me the push I need to finally pick something!

 

Ironically, we just decided to book Misha as well! Over budget but worth the splurge! I'll make up for it on some other aspect!

 

Next I'm going to start looking into florists! Are you finding all the prices comparable? Do they tend to be cheaper then Tai Flora?
 

Originally Posted by Ceecie View Post

I did!!!woot.gif  He walked by and complemented me on my dress!

 

Thanks - I love my dress too - at first I thought it was too much but with all the complements, and encouragement and especially my Mom being speechless with tears in her eyes I had to go for it.  Stick with it your perfect dress is out there.

 

I just booked my Photographer - I went with Misha Earl she has been so amazing with responding to my questions and the write ups on the blogs are so amazing.  Since Pictures are my most important priority I splurged.

 

I've been talking with Guy Godfery for flowers and am waiting for some quotes from some other places so I can compare.

I booked Rachel Edwards for Make-up.  I'm trying to decide wether or not to go with her hair person or just go with the spa at the hotel. 

Save the dates went out two weeks ago, and invites were ordered yesterday!

 

ticking things off the list one at a time......



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to join the post we are getting married March 4th, 2012.  We initially wanted the 3rd but it was booked.... oh well i guess!  I hope to get my invites out this week... they were suppose to be STD but I didn't get them done in a very timely manor.  I am really happy with the way they turned out..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats!!! I'm a week before you! 2/26/12! love.gif
 

Originally Posted by vbbbtk View Post

Just wanted to join the post we are getting married March 4th, 2012.  We initially wanted the 3rd but it was booked.... oh well i guess!  I hope to get my invites out this week... they were suppose to be STD but I didn't get them done in a very timely manor.  I am really happy with the way they turned out..



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×