Trying to write your new last name

LOL at all of us, I am still having a hard time writing my new name. It's funny because I sign in at work married and at the end of the day I sign out single with my maiden name everyone just laughs. I wouldn't change it for any thing though I am so happy to be married woot.gif

• 2 weeks later...

LOL!  I am giggling and elated to know I'm not the only bride to be thinking about this issue.  I have been practicing my soon to be married surname since we got engaged.  I just cant find a way to sign it in cursive where it looks right, and every time I try I misspell what will be my married surname!  I told FI I would be comfortable with hyphenating my last name but he's not having it.  My maiden name is only 5 characters, and mind you, I'm hispanic, he's italian-polish with a surname that is 8 characters long.  So...I'm going from Reyes, to Gudewicz.  Not to mention that his last name ALWAYS gets mis-pronounced, and I do NOT look Polish.    

Wanna know a little secret?  I went as far as getting a new email account with my new last name because I really thought my new name would be be ever so popular and wouldn't be available as an email address by the time we get married.   As if!!!  LOL.  I'm laughing at my craziness right now.  cheesy.gif

• 2 months later...

I'm soooo going to miss my old name. I've grown quite attached to it. Looking forward to getting and being married but being a Mrs X sounds like my mum! Plus - I've had my email address which is just my first and last name for a gazillion years. There's no way I'll be able to get that for my new name now. Gonna have to be MrsX number 20000000 or something I think!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My FI has a German last name that as a teacher I dread.  When I get married I'll be Mrs. Biech, My 5th graders told me when I get married people are going to call me mean names lol.

• Like 1

I haven't even practiced! I've put my name with his in my head, but never on paper or together. I love my current last name as it's quite original, but easy to pronounce, flows off the tongue and I'm kind of sad about giving it up. Its bittersweet. I'm excited to be called MRS but will miss my last name. I'm established in my career at work and known by my current name. I'm don't want to hyphenate so part of me wants to have a professional name but he doesn't like that idea. So many things to consider. Good thing I have a few more months to figure all this out.

My first and last name will both be 9 letters long each... no middle name. Its weird looking.

My FI has a German last name that as a teacher I dread.  When I get married I'll be Mrs. Biech, My 5th graders told me when I get married people are going to call me mean names lol.

Atleast you don't teach high school kids...