Photo

Will you change your dress for reception party?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tina85

Tina85
  • Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hi ladies! I've recently ordered my wedding dress and I love it so much. At first, I think that I will wear it all day. Then, I feel that   I won't be able to properly enjoy myself at reception party in a long dress. So I'm thinking of changing or at least having an alternative dress on hand for my party. 
    Will you be wearing your bridal dress all day? How about a shorter dress for party? Here is my wedding dress: http://www.inwedding...tyle-bc425.html. I'd love to hear your ideas!

#2 J-me

J-me
    • 398 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

Your dress is gorgeous!! I thought about changing into a 2nd dress for the reception, but after falling in love with & getting my wedding dress, I changed my mind since it's comfortable, lightweight (and, um, I spent more on it than I budgeted) :)  I do love the idea of it though, so go for it if you'd like!

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

I'm going to wear my wedding dress all day.  I figure its the only day I'll be able to wear it so I might as well take advantage of it and wear it the entire time!

#4 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
      • 995 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:28 AM

i have a short dress and a long dress..my daughters chose my short dress that i'll wear for my "US wedding" and the long dress is the DW dress...i'll likely change into the short dress for the reception...as its short, hip and sassy...plus i'll get to show off some "killer heels"....  :-)  R~

#5 royalbride610

royalbride610
        • 172 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm buying a more casual dress to wear at our reception.  We'll be at our DW wedding alone and I don't plan to wear that dress again except for my TTD session.

#6 xtenna

xtenna
          • 154 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

I love the dress you picked out!  I really wanted a 2nd dress but I am going to pass on that idea.  I want to enjoy my wedding dress for more than 3 hours :)

June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

#7 meows

meows
            • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

I will be buying a short mini-dress for the reception. My wedding dress drags quiet a bit and it would drive me nuts to have it on all day. Plus I will get to wear it again for the TTD the next day. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users