Sandals Negril Weddings

• VIP Member

Sandals Negril is pretty strict.  You have to talk with your wedding coordinator.  But they have started to relax the restrictions and allow outside photographers if we stay for three nights.  Not everyone has been allowed to do it, but they are becoming more lenient

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone :-) So we booked a wedding with Sandals Negril and Beaches Sandy Bay back in February. Since booking we have experienced a huge Lack of service and follow up. I work in the industry and I honestly can not believe the experience we are having. At this point it is a bit late for us to change resorts but we can't say at this time that we would recommend Sandals. If you have a problem it takes months to solve and getting through to anyone that can make a decisions is very very time consuming. If your looking for a hassle free planning experience I would keep on looking. I will post an update after the wedding....I hope its allot better then this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Natacha and I'm planning on getting married in Beaches Negril May 18, 2013. I also plan to use their photographer but am a little unsure of the quality of the work and photos. Were you satisfied with the pictures? Did you also used their videography? Do you have any pictures you can share with me so i can have an idea on what to expect?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I will also be getting married at Sandals Negril, June 10, 2013. I have already learned alot from reading thru posts. I speak with my wedding coordinator at the end of October and want to be sure I have all of my questions together. Does anyone have any feedback on the salon? I'm a little nervous about paying someone to do my hair/makeup when I have seen no examples of their work! Any advice is good advice!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi!  I am getting married in 2.5 months at Sandals Negril on Feb 23 2013!!  So excited!! I am putting all of my trust on the WC's (both in FL and at the resort) and trusting that they know what they are doing and will listen to what I wish to have and try their best to make it happen.  I was hoping to bring my own photographer but the resort sold out and they only allow it if that person is staying at the resort for at least 2 or 3 nights (can't remember exactly how many nights) so I am going to use a resort photographer.  I am sure everything will turn out great and more importantly I cannot wait to be married to my honey!  I have been working with Nina via email and phone.  We will finalize ceremony and reception details next week!  She is great and responds promplty to all emails and questions I ask!  Even on a Saturday!  Of course I was trying to finalize lots of details months ago, but she told me not to worry and that certain things are to be taken care of as we get closer.  One reason I chose to have a Destination Wedding was to limit stress so when she said not to worry, I didn't!  and haven't ever since, lol!  I am enjoying Fiance time and shopping for the wedding!

Hope you all are feeling good about choosing this resort.  I am sure all of our days will be beautiful and meaningful!

Originally Posted by HisLastName View Post

Hi!  I am getting married in 2.5 months at Sandals Negril on Feb 23 2013!!  So excited!! I am putting all of my trust on the WC's (both in FL and at the resort) and trusting that they know what they are doing and will listen to what I wish to have and try their best to make it happen.  I was hoping to bring my own photographer but the resort sold out and they only allow it if that person is staying at the resort for at least 2 or 3 nights (can't remember exactly how many nights) so I am going to use a resort photographer.  I am sure everything will turn out great and more importantly I cannot wait to be married to my honey!  I have been working with Nina via email and phone.  We will finalize ceremony and reception details next week!  She is great and responds promplty to all emails and questions I ask!  Even on a Saturday!  Of course I was trying to finalize lots of details months ago, but she told me not to worry and that certain things are to be taken care of as we get closer.  One reason I chose to have a Destination Wedding was to limit stress so when she said not to worry, I didn't!  and haven't ever since, lol!  I am enjoying Fiance time and shopping for the wedding!

Hope you all are feeling good about choosing this resort.  I am sure all of our days will be beautiful and meaningful!

I was just told that I would be assigned to Nina, too!  Can't wait to get in touch with her.  They originally said my planning meeting wouldn't be until February, but I asked if they could move it and haven't heard back yet... My travel agent said I could start corresponding with Nina via e-mail anyway.

Hope she can help with my questions!

I just got back from my destination wedding at Sandals Negril! Rest assured, everything was absolutely wonderful! It was really hard to plan back home but once we got there it was soo easy and stress free. Everything about the whole trip went perfectly! Sandals Negril is the perfect place for a wedding! The resort is so beautiful, romantic and the people will comply with pretty much whatever you want to do. I saw numerous other weddings/brides there when I was there, and everyone seemed happy. If anyone has any specific questions you can email me at ifly119@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you have a good experience!  I was at one time wary about it, but speaking with her a week ago to finalize the details (which I still need to fine tune, but we are getting there) made me feel so good about choosing Sandals.  The only issue I have is that they will not send me the portfolio's of any of their photographers which makes little sense.  I am apprehensive of using their photographer and hope the photos will be great; that is one thing they need to change, we should be able to see that beforehand!