• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sureci

• 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

As it says! OMG I am so excited now. I have tried on soooo many dresses, but there was always something that I didn't like about each one. Luckily, I have the opportunity to meet with a dress designer who could understand what I wanted. I like the following style: http://www.inwedding...tyle-bc133.html. But there is no one that can fit me well. The designer can customize the dress for me and I’d like to add some my own designs to it. I just love it! It’s exactly what I want.

#2 redginger

• 360 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

That's a gorgeous dress...congrats on picking one!

#3 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Congrats on finding the one!

#4 futuremrstgun

• 995 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

nice!  CONGRATS!!!  happy planning!!!  R~

#5 nbrown

• 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

Good Find, will dig deeper into this  :)

#6 thatplainjane

• Banned
          • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:12 PM

I can only hope that I'll also narrow down and finally find the dress of my dreams. Get ready for a post from me (eh, probably not soon) in all caps about FINALLY FINDING MY DRESS too! Seriously I dream of the day when I put it on and everything feels right. CONGRATS, girl!

#7 thatplainjane

• Banned
            • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Also, now that you found someone custom, does that mean that there will be more fittings, or will it be about the same? I'd hope that you'd have more attention and more dedication since they're working directly with you, and I'd like that (if it's the case). That said, I'm sort of curious about having so many fittings. I was reading in some other forums that:

"Once your gown arrives from the designer you will hopefully be in the best shape you were aiming for. This said: gowns are typically manufactured according to cookie cutter patterns graded from one size to the next. These patterns are created from hard-stock paper and

cannot possibly be expected to caress the nuances of your physique. Therefore expect at least 2-4 fittings." via http://www.marriage....itting-schedule

I've heard this 2-4 number everywhere... but 2 is totally different from 4... and all of it makes me nervous. I mean, i get what they're saying, but is that true for you ladies who already got fitted? 

Would there be less "fittings" since they custom make it, or more?

#8 kellygrrrl

• 614 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

hmm... I think it's more about the skill of the people doing the alterations and how well they can infer your body shape from the pinning. I once had a pair of jeans taken down a number of sizes and had about half a dozen fittings to get them to the right fit. the dress could be the same way - it may be that you put it on and relatively little needs to be done, so you only need a couple fittings. or could be that something doesn't fit quite right or there's an odd wrinkle that needs to be removed. I think things like that happen pretty often, so then it's just whether someone can remove it the first time or if it's more complex and takes a few more tries. regardless, I'm certain they'll make it the dress of your dreams. congrats on finding The One! (x2!! :)

#9 royalbride610

• 172 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

Your dress is beautiful!! Good choice!

#10 JessicaP2012

• 162 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Oh wow, that's a gorgeous dress!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users