Michelle2011 *bride from the UK" planning thread *lots of pix* :o)

OMG its really my time to post my planning thread!! Iâ€ve been on this site for near on 2yrs and I have made so many wonderful friends and had so much advice and help from so many people. The girls on the 2011 thread, the UK thread and the Barcelo thread I couldnâ€t have done it without you all. Iâ€ve had ups and downs and everyone on here is so supportive.. I LOVE this site!! So a massive thank you to everyone (especially Nicy, my bride partner in crime ;o) thank you so much :o)

Ok so FI and I met 10yrs ago at a mutal friends party, we didnâ€t get together straight away as I have a little boy from a previous relationship so didnâ€t want to rush things. A year of getting to know each other we finally got together :o) FI proposed on a beach in Rhodes in 2004. We did it all a bit back to front. I already had my son Harrison, we bought a flat together then a house which needed lots of major work doing so that took up a few years (and all our savings). I then fell pregnant with my daughter Scarlett and so getting married is the final piece to our puzzle.

We always knew we wanted to marry in Mexico (never been before but just knew) so we researched hotels for around 5mths and just fell in love with the Barcelo Maya Palace and knew that was were we would marry.

We have 23 people coming with us. I have two of my best friends as BMâ€s and my sister is my MOH. Scarlett is flowergirl and my son Harrison (13yrs old now) will be giving me away :o) FIâ€s childhood friend is his bestman :o)

We leave in 2 weeks time :o)

We marry on 1st June 2011 and have our AHR on 18th June 2011 

Ok so here we go with the pic's..... first up "THE DRESS" 

Maggie Sottero - Ambrosia

th_Ambrosia-11[1].jpg

The tiara 

Tiara.jpg

The shoes

SDC10164.JPG

The rings

Dan wedding ring.jpgwedding ring.jpg

OOT bags and fans for ceremony

OOT bags.JPGFans.JPG

Vest i made all the girls for travelling in and bags for us all to take too :o)

Vests.JPGth_graciousbridalcom[1].jpg

Two of my BM's in their dresses

th_SDC10637[1].jpg

Home made place cards and shot glasses for the reception meal

placecards.JPGshot glasses.JPG

AHR invites my by myself and a little help from FI :o)

AHR invite 2.JPGAHR invite.JPG

Fiance is wearing a light brown suit trouser and jacket with open collar white shirt. sorry i dont have any pics of that, my son will wear the same but a waistcoat instead of jacket. 

I think that is it for now.

Once again thank you so much for all your help girls its been a fun 2 yrs on here.... but dont fear   "I will be back" ha ha x

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the planning! Everything looks great... I love the pink you chose! And my FAVORITE are those SHOESlove.gif!!! Good luck with your wedding, Live it up!

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

OMG its really my time to post my planning thread!! Iâ€ve been on this site for near on 2yrs and I have made so many wonderful friends and had so much advice and help from so many people. The girls on the 2011 thread, the UK thread and the Barcelo thread I couldnâ€t have done it without you all. Iâ€ve had ups and downs and everyone on here is so supportive.. I LOVE this site!! So a massive thank you to everyone (especially Nicy, my bride partner in crime ;o) thank you so much :o)

Ok so FI and I met 10yrs ago at a mutal friends party, we didnâ€t get together straight away as I have a little boy from a previous relationship so didnâ€t want to rush things. A year of getting to know each other we finally got together :o) FI proposed on a beach in Rhodes in 2004. We did it all a bit back to front. I already had my son Harrison, we bought a flat together then a house which needed lots of major work doing so that took up a few years (and all our savings). I then fell pregnant with my daughter Scarlett and so getting married is the final piece to our puzzle.

We always knew we wanted to marry in Mexico (never been before but just knew) so we researched hotels for around 5mths and just fell in love with the Barcelo Maya Palace and knew that was were we would marry.

We have 23 people coming with us. I have two of my best friends as BMâ€s and my sister is my MOH. Scarlett is flowergirl and my son Harrison (13yrs old now) will be giving me away :o) FIâ€s childhood friend is his bestman :o)

We leave in 2 weeks time :o)

We marry on 1st June 2011 and have our AHR on 18th June 2011 

Ok so here we go with the pic's..... first up "THE DRESS" 

Maggie Sottero - Ambrosia

th_Ambrosia-11[1].jpg

The tiara 

Tiara.jpg

The shoes

SDC10164.JPG

The rings

Dan wedding ring.jpgwedding ring.jpg

OOT bags and fans for ceremony

OOT bags.JPGFans.JPG

Vest i made all the girls for travelling in and bags for us all to take too :o)

Vests.JPGth_graciousbridalcom[1].jpg

Two of my BM's in their dresses

th_SDC10637[1].jpg

Home made place cards and shot glasses for the reception meal

placecards.JPGshot glasses.JPG

AHR invites my by myself and a little help from FI :o)

AHR invite 2.JPGAHR invite.JPG

Fiance is wearing a light brown suit trouser and jacket with open collar white shirt. sorry i dont have any pics of that, my son will wear the same but a waistcoat instead of jacket. 

I think that is it for now.

Once again thank you so much for all your help girls its been a fun 2 yrs on here.... but dont fear   "I will be back" ha ha x

Michelle finally you are only 13 night away from leaving for your big day with your FI!!! :)))x Everything looks amazing and you will look beautiful sweetie :)xo

Wishing you both even more love and happiness, and a very bright future together :)xoxo