Photo

Chocolate Brides: To Jump the Broom or Not???

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
  • 317 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

The shop name is crafting4u ....Her name is Lisa and she was awesome!. She went the extra mile and went to Davids Bridal in her area and made sure the colors matched perfectly...She also made out pillow and flowergirl basket. That is initially what I went to purchase from her. My jumping broom was the first one she made but I was glad she was able to make everything match!

Be sure to check her out and if you message her tell her I sent you :)

Originally Posted by JetsettinBride 

I defintely want to "JUMP THE BROOM" !    I Cant WAIT! !   

@meeshamillz - which Etsy shop did you purchase your broom. Its looks very nice and like the colors!

#22 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
    • 299 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:37 AM

Thanks for the Info Meesha!  I will defintely let her know you referred her to me! 

Happy Planning!

#23 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

Hello Fellow Brides,

We are planning on jumping the broom at our wedding along with doing the sand ceremony.  So its definitely nice to see other chocolate brides doing this for a DW wedding.

#24 FutureMrzMalone

FutureMrzMalone
        • 91 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

I am jumping the broom as well. I have actually had the pleasure of having mines passed down to me. :-) My great-great grandmother was a former slave and although some of my family memebers have opted out of jumping the broom, I am definatley doing it. Not only to continue a tradtion but to honor my great- great grandmother as well. :-) I will upload pics when I get a chance.

Originally Posted by MoBayBride2B 

Soo I wasn't planning on jumping the broom but your pics are BEAUTIFUL!! and now I'm wondering if we should. I saw one bride got hers from Etsy, where else have you guys gotten your brooms from? Has anyone had theirs passed down to them?

My Royal Carribean Wedding 12/8/12

20 booked at Beaches Sandy Bay........... AND COUNTING!!!!

#25 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
          • 210 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

I just tried searching her on Etsy and I couldn't find her.  How long ago did you purchase your broom?

Originally Posted by meeshamillz 

The shop name is crafting4u ....Her name is Lisa and she was awesome!. She went the extra mile and went to Davids Bridal in her area and made sure the colors matched perfectly...She also made out pillow and flowergirl basket. That is initially what I went to purchase from her. My jumping broom was the first one she made but I was glad she was able to make everything match!

Be sure to check her out and if you message her tell her I sent you :)

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#26 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
            • 317 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

I just ordered from her. I got my broom in the mail Saturday. The shop name is crafting4u

Here is the link:

I just tried searching her on Etsy and I couldn't find her.  How long ago did you purchase your broom?

#27 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
              • 317 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

That is awesome! Definitly be sure to post some pis. I wish I had one passed down to me :( I think I will make ours a tradition. We will allow them to add decor to it so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb if they choose diff colors

Originally Posted by FutureMrzMalone 

I am jumping the broom as well. I have actually had the pleasure of having mines passed down to me. :-) My great-great grandmother was a former slave and although some of my family memebers have opted out of jumping the broom, I am definatley doing it. Not only to continue a tradtion but to honor my great- great grandmother as well. :-) I will upload pics when I get a chance.

#28 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                • 210 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

Got it!! Thanks!!

Originally Posted by meeshamillz 

I just ordered from her. I got my broom in the mail Saturday. The shop name is crafting4u

Here is the link:

http://www.etsy.com/people/crafting4u

Sometimes their seach field doesn't pull up everything. I had to go to my messages and click on her shop from there to get you the link. I had to do the same when I was trying to find the guy that is going to make our cake topper....SMH

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#29 LandG

LandG
                  • 152 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

I think it is a really cool tradition

#30 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
                    • 317 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

So since we have decided to change our colors i obviously would need a new jumping broom from the one I posted before. There is another lady on Etsy.com that makes real touch flower bouquets and the one I attached below inspired our new color choices. So I asked her if she could make a jumping broom with the same flowers and she asked me what size did I want. I asked her what size does she have and she replied with "I can make it small enough to be a wedding favor..." Are you serious lady! What do I look like jumping over a miniature broom, the both of us at that!. She clearly didn't know what "Jumping the Broom" is all about...lol She claimed she had been googleing them to see what they were about but I don't think she was paying attention. Stay tuned to see how the broom turns out in relation to this bouquet ;)

Bouquet.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users