Photo

Chocolate Brides: To Jump the Broom or Not???

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#11 dmob

dmob
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

Jumping the broom is such a beautiful part of the wedding ceremony and I am happy that my daughter included it in her's. We carried it on the plane.DSC_0238-1.jpg

DSC_0213-1.jpgDSC_0095-1.jpg

#12 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
    • 995 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

i'm LOVING these pics!!!!  thanks SO MUCH for sharing!!!    R~

#13 celticgirl

celticgirl
      • 266 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

I did not know what "jumping the broom" was until reading this, but I think that it is a GREAT idea, especially with what it stands for!

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
        January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#14 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
        • 317 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

I haven't see Jump the broom but I have always wanted to do it. I really wasn't that concerned with how it was decorated just so long it matches my flower girl basket and ring bearer pillow. I know you have already seen it but here is a pic for everyone else. Posted Image I googled "jump the broom" wedding ceremony readings and typed it up for the minister to read at the end of the ceremony.

Well, after watching the movie "Jumping the Broom", I'm TOTALLY on board with it and can't wait to start a tradition in my family.  I'm the first to incorporate the 'broom' into my wedding ceremony.  I'm hopeful that my two daughters and even my son will continue it into their weddings.  Good luck with your planning!!!  R~

#15 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
          • 317 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Brett and I have been practicing...lol remember to keep your feet together when you jump! DO NOT LEAP! (on foot in front of the other). Also, I still have my broom in the box it was shipped in from the etsy shop i bought it from. I will be putting it in the bottom of my suitcase when we leave.

jaykay!  i love it too!!!  :-) can't wait till its my turn.  R~

#16 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
            • 995 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

LOVE your broom, meeshamillz!!!  my daughter will decorate and haul our broom down to jamaica with her...i'm loving ALL of the designs i've seen online and so, i've given her some tips and tidbits that i hope she'll incorporate into our broom...i can't wait!!!

R~

ps...go see the movie..although, i think it'll be available on redbox fairly soon..its incredibly cute with some seriously HOT actors in it! 

#17 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
              • 317 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

I plan on seeing it soon. We have a dollar theater around here... well it used to be a dollar but like everything else it has gone up so now its like $3. But that is where we can go see all the movies right before they come out on DVD.

After seeing this thread I think I am going to add some sea shells to my broom. Where did you find your purple shells & starfish?

Meesha

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

LOVE your broom, meeshamillz!!!  my daughter will decorate and haul our broom down to jamaica with her...i'm loving ALL of the designs i've seen online and so, i've given her some tips and tidbits that i hope she'll incorporate into our broom...i can't wait!!!

R~

ps...go see the movie..although, i think it'll be available on redbox fairly soon..its incredibly cute with some seriously HOT actors in it! 

#18 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                • 210 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:43 AM

Soo I wasn't planning on jumping the broom but your pics are BEAUTIFUL!! and now I'm wondering if we should. I saw one bride got hers from Etsy, where else have you guys gotten your brooms from? Has anyone had theirs passed down to them?

Attached Files

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#19 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
                  • 299 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

I defintely want to "JUMP THE BROOM" !    I Cant WAIT! !   

@meeshamillz - which Etsy shop did you purchase your broom. Its looks very nice and like the colors!

#20 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                    • 210 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

Yeah I'm sold now...now I have to go to my hubby-to-be that I changed my mind LOL

45 booked including Bride & Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users