Photo

Bridesmaid dress ribbon help

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Wisco4

Wisco4
  • 666 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

I'm standing up in a wedding next weekend and my dress has a ribbon that goes around the waist. All the dresses are different so I am the only one who has the ribbon. Can someone please tell me how I am supposed to tie the thing? If I tie it just in a plain bow it hangs funny. By the way, I asked the girl at David's Bridal how it should be tied and she said "oh just do a search on the internet"...nice. So who better to ask than you guys, the experts!
    ~Amanda

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

What dress style is it at David's? I'll take a look at it and see if I have an idea.

#3 RECancunBride

RECancunBride
      • 30 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

My bridesmaid dresses are from David's Bridal and they have a ribbon on them too around the waist. The girl that worked there tied it in a bow- the loops weren't that big. If you go on their website it should show what it should look like. My dresses have the thicker ribbon instead of the thin ribbon - I don't know which you have and how that may make it look different

#4 Wisco4

Wisco4
        • 666 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

We actually have the mix and match seperates. Mine has the halter top and tea length skirt. I have the thinner ribbon to go around the waist.
          ~Amanda

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

I'm looking on David's Bridal's website now and all but one of the dresses with the thin ribbon are tied in a bow. I thought if I could look at other dresses and see how they were tied, I would have an idea, but nothing really jumps out at me. The only thing I can think of is the one on this dress:

Click the image to open in full size.

If you go to the website, you can look at this up close. Sorry I can't be of more help!

#6 Wisco4

Wisco4
            • 666 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

Thank you for looking into that for me. So if I tie it in a bow, does anyone have tips on how to tie a perfect one?
              ~Amanda

#7 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Wisco4
                Thank you for looking into that for me. So if I tie it in a bow, does anyone have tips on how to tie a perfect one?
                This article is about how to tie a perfect bow using ribbon: How to Tie a Bow - wikiHow

#8 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:47 AM

Why don't you not tie a bow and just tie it so it hangs down long? I am not a fan of bows (says the girl with the big bow on her wedding dress, lol) so I am probably not the right person to be giving advice.

#9 Wisco4

Wisco4
                  • 666 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lizz10179
                    This article is about how to tie a perfect bow using ribbon: How to Tie a Bow - wikiHow
                    Thanks! I guess what I was doing was right all along. I'm not a huge bow person either but the shoes we are wearing also have a ribbon bow acrossed the top so I guess that's what I'll be going with.
                    ~Amanda

#10 Wisco4

Wisco4
                    • 666 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dragonfly
                      Why don't you not tie a bow and just tie it so it hangs down long? I am not a fan of bows (says the girl with the big bow on her wedding dress, lol) so I am probably not the right person to be giving advice.
                      Ha funny. Your dress was beautiful by the way.
                      ~Amanda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users