Photo

Luggage Tags

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sharon99

Sharon99
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hey ladies! So I created luggage tags from Vista Print & they came yesterday...bad news is they look awful!!!! I feel like they look cheesey. I used one of their pictures & moved the words around & put name, address, phone on the front with luggage tag scrolling around the area. I didn't realize they were matte either, I wanted gloss. Has anyone create luggage tags on Vista Print? If so, did you use matte & did you put the address lines on the front or the back of the card? Is using business cards the way to go? They seemed a bit small too. Here is what they look like and there are 250 of these sitting on my table now!!! If anyone wants them I will mail them to you...just have to pay the shipping.

I need to re-do these. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments as to what they did?

Thanks! Obviously, I am not a DIYer at all!!

Maybe I should just send these...UGH!!

Attached Files

#2 ska2m

ska2m
    • Site Supporter
    • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

So are these for the inside of the luggage tag or the actual luggage tag itself? It doesn't look as horrible as you mentioned. How many did you need? I had mine embroidered from a manufacturer in china, they only cost $1 a piece, but the minimum was to order 100, which is fine since i have many guests. Plus we got to personalize them with our logo.  They came out great and the company was very responsive! PM me if you are interested in more details! We are printing on stock paper the insert that goes in the back with Name/Address.Luggage tag

#3 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for responding! These are the actual luggage tags. Yours came out really great, such a good idea! I will have to figure out how many I need. I am just ball parking now.

#4 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

I don't think they look as bad as you made it sound!  We are planning on using the vistaprint business cards for our luggage tags, but I think we will just have a picture on the front and put all the information on the back. 

#5 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
        • 281 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

I can't open your attachment so I don't see what your luggage tag looks like.. but sorry it didn't turn out the way you thought.. I would've only ordered one and then if it works out good you just order more when it comes in?

And ska2m.. where can I find more information on your luggage tag person? I like the logo personalization.. and you can still stick the card with all the info in the back..

Originally Posted by ska2m 

So are these for the inside of the luggage tag or the actual luggage tag itself? It doesn't look as horrible as you mentioned. How many did you need? I had mine embroidered from a manufacturer in china, they only cost $1 a piece, but the minimum was to order 100, which is fine since i have many guests. Plus we got to personalize them with our logo.  They came out great and the company was very responsive! PM me if you are interested in more details! We are printing on stock paper the insert that goes in the back with Name/Address.Luggage tag

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
          ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#6 Shahlo

Shahlo
          • 253 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hey JayKay,

Have you ordered your business cards for luggage tags yet? If you have did you like them? I am  planning to order them through vistaprint as well and wanted to know how yours turned out.

Thanks

Originally Posted by JayKay 

I don't think they look as bad as you made it sound!  We are planning on using the vistaprint business cards for our luggage tags, but I think we will just have a picture on the front and put all the information on the back. 

#7 jenniferkuhr

jenniferkuhr
            • 162 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

The embroidered ones are SO cute!  Nice job!  I wish I could make the same but my wedding is less than 3 weeks away....eek!

#8 KandiK

KandiK
              • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

great idea!! they are super cute!

#9 yumii28

yumii28
                • 169 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

These came out really great!

#10 stefkva

stefkva