Photo

Villa Weddings Brides - Jamaica!

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#71 gingerpeach

gingerpeach
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Amazing... no need to ask if you had a wonderful unforgettable day. Really pleased all went well minus any hiccups. 

WOW!!

GP

Amazing wedding, 21st May 2011 Half Moon Montego Bay Jamaica

#72 crasht1224

crasht1224
    • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

CatererBride  - Congrats! Your wedding looks amazing. Our wedding colors are the same- I can only hope my day is as beautiful as yours was! I also considered sky lanterns but was worried that it may not have been legal (read they're not recommended near airports..apparently there is a small airport in ochi??) 

I've been in touch with a caterer in Ocho Rios but was wondering if you had your chef's contact info/menu selection/ price range? Also- did he provide the tables/linens? Any help would be appreciated (You can PM me if you'd like). I still have til next July, but can feel the stress creeping in.

Aren't you thrilled to be done with all this and enjoying wedded bliss :) ?

Thanks!

#73 catererbride

catererbride
      • 65 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:43 AM

Thanks Crasht and you know yours will be, and to you, even better!

Sky lanterns... you know somebody else asked about the legal side and to be honest, I didn't even look into it. I knew that fireworks require a special very costly license but I just figured that the lanterns are harmless (I bought the biodegradable ones, a bit more expensive) and we are paying a premium for a private villa so we'll do what we like! It turned out fine, I guess it depends how cautious you are and if your villa is next to a police station? :)

Caterer is Gregory Nelson - you WILL NOT be disappointed! He has the same passion for food and service as I do and that says something! (in fact I have never said that about anyone that I have worked with over the years!). His email is  chef.nelson@hotmail.com. He sorted out all tables and linens and our bar (so bar tenders, glasses, drink, ice etc.)

Don't be stressed - this is so much fun!!! I thought I would be a complete stress head on the day but I wasn't at all...even though some of my husband's family were late so the ceremony was 45mins late, I was just chilling in my room with my girls!

The only things I would have changed, was to be a bit more organised with time so that we could fit in all of our activities :), and that i'd eaten more food! I was just so caught up in the moment that time just flew by...We had a local jerk pork guy come up to the villa and do his thing for late night food but I was so all over the place with guests that i didn't get any! (Good job i've eaten his jerk pork & chicken waaaaay to many times before)

I am happy it's over but I loved every second and yes, loving being wifey! x

Good luck and I am happy to help in any way that I can!

#74 belledame

belledame
        • 195 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

Gorgeous pics Catererbride!! Where was your reception and ceremony held?

#75 tythebride

tythebride
          • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hello!  Loved your photos!  I'm my own wedding planner because I'm a villa bride on a budget... and I am dying to know who your band was!  It seems they did it all... how can I get a hold of them?

Cheers!

Ty

#76 tythebride

tythebride
            • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

I want to hire your fabulous band!  How can I get a hold of them?

Thanks!

#77 crasht1224

crasht1224
              • 16 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Getting married in less than 4 weeks! Cant wait.. will post pics :) 

Ive decided to go with Dean Clarke for photos. Raschel Edwards for Makeup and Miss T's Kitchen for Catering.  They've all been pretty great to deal with via phone/email.

#78 DivaBride2Be

DivaBride2Be
                • 37 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hi,

Im having a villa wedding too and I think your vendors are awesome!!! I love the idea of the painter that painted the reception!!!!! Can i have the hook up!!! sooooo unique!!!

#79 Laura2013

Laura2013
                  • 177 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:03 AM

Beautiful photos!!!

LOVE the painting!! How did you get in contact with him and do you still have his information?? Also where did you purchase your lanterns?

#80 crasht1224

crasht1224
                    • 16 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hi - sorry for the pic heavy post but just wanted to share a small sample from our destination wedding in Ocho Rios this past July. We did all the planning ourselves and relied on friends/family to assist with the day-of coordination. Our wedding was perfect for us and our small group of 50 and we were delighted to stay close to our budget (airfare, accomodations, rings and wedding) were all under $12K Having a villa wedding allowed us the freedom we wanted to make our day our very own and to not completely bust our wallets. Our vendors were also extremely accomodating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users