Originally Posted by soon2beMrsG
My coordinator is Andrea Smith and she's wonderful. She's been nothing but accommodating and even deals with my mom, which is no easy task. I'm blessed with a VERY involved Mommy of the Bride. I'm still bringing in my own florists because there are no real Blue kind of flowers in Jamaica and thinking of signature drinks even in these early days but its been great so far.
"Date Twin" I love it! Any advice for our ladies and me?
Apologies Sonn2Be MrsG, got a new assignment which kept me super busy.
Andrea is indeed great..I will also say that you will get the wedding of our dreams, the wedding planners (WP) and co-ordinators at Half Moon will deliver whatever they promise (and not just cos you paying loads..LOL). I was very comfortable knowing that all that i asked for would be provided, i had lots and lots of questions and they were so patient. Advice?
1) Once you arrive try to relax and enjoy-very difficult I know but our WP was in reception to meet us when we arrived. I instantly felt relieved, being the control freak that I am (i had planned to find her the next day!!!), after checking in I told the receptionist if she could let the wedding planner know we arrived..she pretended not to understand and then smiled.why? because the WP was standing behind me waiting for us to complete check in.
2) Hire a golf cart if you can and explore the resort- we used it to take pictures around the resort. We also rented bikes one afternoon and it nice to just ride around, wind in my hair...beware time of day you do it though we had to run in after 12 as the sun was too hot (LOL).
3) Ask lots of questions- after all it is your wedding
4) Negotiate where possible, whether it be for guest rooms or overall bill. You don't ask you don't get.
5) Be sure to include father daughter dance and any other must haves in your order of reception for the master of ceremony- i took it off the order thinking that i would defo dance with my dad..guess what..i didn't. that is the one regret i have, my dad was cool about it, guess its because he doesn't like being centre of attention. The thought of dancing out in the middle of floor- he would have needed a few more drinks.. LOL
6) We had to ask WP to send message to security to restrict random guest showing up prior to wedding- you may not have this problem though. We had guest not staying at the resort who felt it necessary to "come see where the wedding will be and where they have to go on the day" what they meant was we heard about this great place called Half Moon and we want to come and be damm nosy. You may not have this problem but on three occasions PRIOR to the wedding we had off property guest, come to the security gate ask for our name and they sent them to reception. I was pissed to say the least.. especially as one afternoon I was about to take a nap when the phone rang..security tells me I have a visitor. Security did ask if they should send them to reception and you feel obliged to say yes when you really want to say no.
If i think of anything else I will add but feel free to ask questions.
Sorry if i asked before, but which location on Half Moon have you chosen?