mmcst38 ROR planning thread 5/13/11

So after only a few short months, I am only a week away from becoming a Mrs…….Everything I have done for my wedding happens to be, all thanks to this site and, all the present and past brides who are kind enough to share their creativity with those of us without an ounce so we can “borrow†their ideas! I foolishly didnâ€t write down specific names of brides I borrowed from, sorry if I donâ€t give credit to exact brides but, thank you all so much past, present, future brides and mods

Engagement:

We met on August 15th of 2008 thru mutual friends. We started seriously dating shortly thereafter. The engagement happened on October 31st 2010, it was a complete surprise but, perfect, unless you know the area I live in you wouldnâ€t understand the story, so long story short, he was on bended knee on a bridge that goes over top a small lake. He picked out the most perfect ring for me even though we never discussed them there were three things I did not want in a ring and somehow he avoided all three! I get tired of things quickly and change my mind a lot so Iâ€m glad it is truly a gift from him, what he wanted for me. An emerald cut center stone with baguettes all around and round diamonds around band…the wedding band is all round diamonds all from Helzberg. Fiancé wanted nothing to do with a ring, so we just order him a simple tungsten band plain and cheap.

742.JPG

Resort:

Riu Ochos Rio, We Choose our resort based on a couple of things, We wanted an English speaking country that wasnâ€t a long flight, since my FI parents have never left the country. Also we just spent a week at the Riu in Aruba last year and had such a great time, wonderful place, so we decided to stick with the Riu resorts, since we needed to at least have the option of people bringing children.

503x335_tcm_49-18485_tcm55-42836.jpg

Invitations:

I ordered our formal invites through weddingpaperdivas.com, reasonable pricing and superfast service. FI actually picked these out because he said they look like the ocean.

012.JPG

Wedding Attire:

FI suit is a Calvin Klein Linen Suit, white linen shirt underneath with white tie, brown belt and sandals.

020.JPG

Groomsmen, Linen Pants and Shirt (Old Navy), Brown Belt and Sandals & Sunglasses (American Eagle). We bought the groomsmen outfits as their gift. Forgot to take pic before we gave them to the guys, but they were nice quality and great price!

Bridesmaids: I was extremely adamant about this subject, I have been in seven weddings and sorry to say, I hate all the bridesmaids dresses, no I could never wear them again and they were a fortune, that being said I bought my girls dresses, they are not bridesmaids dresses from a designer just dresses from express, I also paid for half of the price of getting their hair done, and got them coach sunglasses and coach passport covers, sorry forgot to take pics of coach gifts

bridesmaiddress.jpg

MOB Dress: My momâ€s dress is awesome! Iâ€m hoping to steal it after the wedding and have it sized to fit me for our next vacation! Itâ€s a La Femme, not sure of style name or number.

moms dress.jpg

My Dress: I LOVE MY DRESS! I also enjoyed looking at all the different styles of dresses on here, and how different we all are in what we want/like/think is destination perfect, for me I knew I wanted no bling,no chiffon, no ball gown, from there I came out with this dress, Allure style 8526

PRETTYDRESS.jpg

Shoes:Since I will be going barefoot on the beach I just bought these for dinner and added the I DO bling

017.JPG018.JPG

019.JPG

Ceremony Site and Décor: We will be getting married on the beach (weather permitting) at 3pm, I am going for simple décor some white sashes, around altar and chairs with rose petal aisle something like this pic of another ROR brides , I chose to not go for any decor during dinner, not worth the effort

destination-wedding-beach-ceremony-riu-ocho-rios.jpg

Flowers: I received the picture of the two free bouquets we could choose from, I didnâ€t like them so the WC gave me the florist website and number, well I could not justify spending the money  on flowers I canâ€t even keep. So even though my whole life I have been anti-fake flowers I choose Real Touch and ordered through Roberta at Plumerias wedding flowers, I got a bouquet, hair flower and FI Boutonniere, they are above and beyond my expectations so great I love them!  This picture has blue butterflies in it, my bouquet does not it has the blue starfish

Mybouquet.jpg

I made the bridesmaids bouquets, here is a pic of two of them also made the boutonnieres and Mothers corsages

035.JPG

Pre Travel Brochures: All info was borrowed from other BDW brides, put it together in powerpoint and had local company print them out, mailed out about 6 weeks before, got great feedback from guests.

014.JPG

015.JPG

Welcome Bags: I bought canvas totes and put an iron on design on them filled them with, Travel Candles and matches in Caribbean flavors,  travel sized downy wrinkle releaser, shout wipes, baby powder, the wedding survival kit with Imodium, pepto, alka seltzer, advil, Gatorade to go, aloe, anti bacterial lotion, band aids, spf chap stick pashminas for girls and red stripe or Jamaica shirt for guys, made welcome books for bags following mandys template

029.JPG

030.JPG

031.JPG

033.JPG032.JPG

034.JPG