Photo

Weight Watchers for 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

I hurt so bad but it feels so good.  I am totally scared for this weekend and cookouts.  I eat "funny" as FI said to begin with so typically people don't have the food I eat (I'm a sushi, thai, seafood person).  Then I usually eat the food that they have there hoping someone will save me with a turkey burger LOL

ugghhh 

Originally Posted by Essential0929 

You're making great progress!

#42 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
    • 2,136 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

I think Jillian is a monster and I would love to have her or a personal trainer like her that will push your ass!!!  Day 3 was almost like day 1 but I pushed myself to get through.  For some reason I think that 20 minutes is too short..so I have started to add Zumba to my workout. and I LOVE IT!!!  So this combo for me is awesome.   Zumba makes me feel sexy with the dance moves and I will look to join a class in sometime after the wedding. 

why have you stopped?

Originally Posted by mrsrrobinson 

Nice!! What do you think of the 30 day shred? I have it, but I've only done it a couple times.

#43 mrsrrobinson

mrsrrobinson
      • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

of course...I go to the "At-Work Meetings" which are very convenient for me because they happen right in my office building every Wed at noon. So I've never missed a meeting, unless I'm traveling or something. I find them to be really helpful...always good to hear about others' success & tips. Before this time around with WW, I always signed up for meetings but would usually end up falling off the wagon, skipping meetings, but still paying which obv = lots of wasted $$! So I think you have to find what works best for you :)

Originally Posted by athenae25 

may i join in here?  i have some weight to lose before our wedding on june 14th 2012 and im looking for some support!!  anyone else going to the meetings? i fell off but am actually looking forward to going back!

#44 Essential0929

Essential0929
        • 236 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

LOL, You can do it!!! I know what you mean, I am very clear on what I eat vs what I don't. Let me know how you do over the long weekend. I have complete faith in you! As far as the hurt, as my MOH says, that's your sexy coming out!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

I hurt so bad but it feels so good.  I am totally scared for this weekend and cookouts.  I eat "funny" as FI said to begin with so typically people don't have the food I eat (I'm a sushi, thai, seafood person).  Then I usually eat the food that they have there hoping someone will save me with a turkey burger LOL

ugghhh 

#45 Essential0929

Essential0929
          • 236 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

I finally looked at skinnytaste, and I think I'm hooked! Thanks for sharing this jewel!

Originally Posted by deniden 

So ladies, what are some of your "go-to" Weight Watcher meals?

I've been getting a lot of good ideas and recipes from www.skinnytaste.com

Some of my favorites are:

Chicken Burgers (4 points), a scoop of pasta sauce (1 point), a slice of italian mix cheese (1 point) and a whole wheat/light bun (1 point) = 7 point chicken parm sandwich

Mahi Mahi Burgers (4 points), a scoop of peach/mango salsa (1 point) and a bun (1 point) = 6 point mahi mahi burger

Sweet potato (5 points), drizzle of olive oil (1 point), pinch of nutmeg/cinnamon/salt = 6 point sweet potato fries

#46 mrsrrobinson

mrsrrobinson
            • 58 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

I go to the gym and occasionally I switch things up by adding in a fitness DVD. So I vary between Jillians, Power90, Biggest Loser workouts, etc. But I usually do my exercising at the gym (cardio, weights, etc). 

Where did you find the Zumba DVD? I would totally buy that.

I think Jillian is a monster and I would love to have her or a personal trainer like her that will push your ass!!!  Day 3 was almost like day 1 but I pushed myself to get through.  For some reason I think that 20 minutes is too short..so I have started to add Zumba to my workout. and I LOVE IT!!!  So this combo for me is awesome.   Zumba makes me feel sexy with the dance moves and I will look to join a class in sometime after the wedding. 

why have you stopped?

#47 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

I got it on Ebay... I bid on it and got it for about $60 dollar but it seems to run for about $84.  it came as a set with 3- DVD's, and some weight looking shaker things ;-)  they totally rock and sound like maracas a little bit.  PM me a reminder and I will get the name when I'm home

Originally Posted by mrsrrobinson 

I go to the gym and occasionally I switch things up by adding in a fitness DVD. So I vary between Jillians, Power90, Biggest Loser workouts, etc. But I usually do my exercising at the gym (cardio, weights, etc). 

Where did you find the Zumba DVD? I would totally buy that.

#48 greatbritain

greatbritain
                • 171 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Hi ladies,

I stumbled upon here for some motivation and support. I actually am due with my FI and my first child in the next week or so...but I am already anticipating (or should I say DREADING) the weight loss process for our June 2012 wedding! I put on 45 lbs with my pregnancy and I am hoping to be around my pre baby weight in time for the wedding and I know the only sure fire way other than exercise is WW. I am going to sign up online (I hear they have a new program specifically for breast feeding moms and I am HOPING to be able to follow through with breast feeding for a majority of the baby's first year) but I figured since I am on this site almost every day I would look around to see if there were any forums and sure enough... :) Here I am! I definitely just bookmarked skinnytastes (great site!) and I am not sure if any of you are a fan but http://www.hungry-girl.com was always great for me to (even when not doing WW...I love her healthier "swaps".

#49 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
                  • 2,136 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

Welcome and Congrats on the soon to be new arrival and wedding.!  Let me say that breastfeeding will get rid of a lot of the baby weight.  I was 163.3 when I delivered however; prior to I weighed 145 and sure enough breast feeding took off the majority of the weight. But let's not forget the importance for the little bundle. 

WW is awesome, I am 3 weeks in and lost 4.8 pounds to date.  I have added on Jillian's 30 day shred and zumba as well.

Happy Planning

Originally Posted by greatbritain 

Hi ladies,

I stumbled upon here for some motivation and support. I actually am due with my FI and my first child in the next week or so...but I am already anticipating (or should I say DREADING) the weight loss process for our June 2012 wedding! I put on 45 lbs with my pregnancy and I am hoping to be around my pre baby weight in time for the wedding and I know the only sure fire way other than exercise is WW. I am going to sign up online (I hear they have a new program specifically for breast feeding moms and I am HOPING to be able to follow through with breast feeding for a majority of the baby's first year) but I figured since I am on this site almost every day I would look around to see if there were any forums and sure enough... :) Here I am! I definitely just bookmarked skinnytastes (great site!) and I am not sure if any of you are a fan but http://www.hungry-girl.com was always great for me to (even when not doing WW...I love her healthier "swaps".

#50 greatbritain

greatbritain
                    • 171 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

Definitely! I have heard that from many people, that if I am able to breastfeed it will help lose a lot of the weight, but since I put on such a large amount, I want to be able to at least assist that weight loss. I am nervous to breastfeed after reading so many potential horrors but I am pretty laid back and I am hoping that although I know it won't be easy, I will continue with it. I look at it like this...it's like an exercise/weight loss regime. They are hard to follow sometimes but they are worth it!

I love Jillian's 30 day shred and I have yet to try Zumba. I was always a big fan of yoga and last year my FI and I did P90X together and we really enjoyed the experience of working out together. Some of the programs in P90x aren't ones I was using (there is a lean program and a program to get "buff") so some we didn't get to do together but those we did provided a really nice bonding/work out experience although very tough...and long. That was the only real issue was that dedicating an hour+ a day to a workout isn't always feasible. 

Welcome and Congrats on the soon to be new arrival and wedding.!  Let me say that breastfeeding will get rid of a lot of the baby weight.  I was 163.3 when I delivered however; prior to I weighed 145 and sure enough breast feeding took off the majority of the weight. But let's not forget the importance for the little bundle. 

WW is awesome, I am 3 weeks in and lost 4.8 pounds to date.  I have added on Jillian's 30 day shred and zumba as well.

Happy Planning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users