Photo

Dress Indecision 2011 - Help appreciated!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

I agree with the others...its a really unique dress and I think it looks great on you! I say go for it!

#12 merrylee

merrylee
    • 687 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

Totally agree if you love it buy it!  (and it looks great on you)  

My FSIL was a Destination Bride who wore Tea length and said how she doesn't think DB's should wear long dresses.  I told her to bite me just because we are choosing a DW doesn't mean that I should forfeit having the beautiful long dress I always pictured myself wearing

#13 jamieirene

jamieirene
      • 650 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

omg! you look wonderful in that! even with it being pinned it fits you great!  i say yes!!!

#14 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:50 PM

It looks amazing on you!!

#15 redginger

redginger
        • 360 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:16 PM

I think the dress is gorgeous and unique, and the short length would be great in hot weather. You should go with your instinct...if you love it, get it!

#16 LisaandJeff

LisaandJeff
          • 296 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

Love it!  I have to tell you -- you are right about the floor length with the heat.  I just went in for my first dress fitting and I was sweating inside with air conditioning just trying it on.  I think DWs are the perfect venue for something a bit lighter, airier, and shorter!  It looks amazing on you (and will look even better when it's fitted) and will be perfect with a fun pair of heels.  Good luck!

June 18, 2011 * Cabo Azul Resort

#17 X-Chan

X-Chan
            • 166 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

Wow I love it!!  It looks amazing on both you and the model. 

#18 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
              • 178 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

I think this dress is beautiful and absolutely perfect for a DW!

Let me share some words of advice LOL - you will never make everyone happy with your wedding.

Some of your bridesmaids won't like things simply because they have been bitten by the "green monster".  We all know how that feels - you want marriage but you aren't getting it while other girls around you are.  I'm sure some of us have pouted about it lol.

So, in conclusion, don't worry about what other people think.  Do what makes YOU happy and what YOU think will make you look like your gorgeous self on your special day :o)

#19 wendyjd

wendyjd
                • 968 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

It's great for a DW... it was my dress last fall.  I have one, if your colors are pink and you are about a size 8, I'll make you a great deal (its been cleaned and hanging in the closet).  I had the zipper removed and corset back in fuschia instead.  here it is in action:

DSC_8623.jpgDSC_8143.jpg

#20 JQLong

JQLong
                  • 336 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

The dress is beautiful.  I agree with all the other ladies.  It is YOUR day.....no one else's....besides the future hubby's. 

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users