• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

T-7 months and I'm a busy wedding bee!

Here's my lasts task:  scoring discounted flights for our guests!

I've always heard that if you have a large group flying on the same day and time, airlines would give you a discounted price.  Well, after the day I've had, I'm not so sure.  

Here are the companies I've tried:

US Airways-  They require 10 passengers flying on the same itinerary.  (didn't work for us, as 4 out of 10 guests are arriving before and leaving after).

Jetblue- 10 passenger minimum, but they want 1 designated person to pay for all the flights!!!  

Bahamas Air- 20 passenger minimum.  I haven't heard back from them yet.

Anyone successfully arranged discounted flights???  If so, how did you manage??

D

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

#2 krazedtrader

krazedtrader
    • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

I am doing Jetblue.  Yes you have to guarantee but the rate is awesome.  They gave me $130 off the current rate for the dates of my wedding.  

#3 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
      • 127 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Hey KT,

can I asked how you set it up?  They told me that only 1 person could pay for the tickets.  are you having your guests send you checks to cover the tickets? 

D

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

#4 krazedtrader

krazedtrader
        • 23 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Yes I am - since its a great rate, I am going to have them mail me checks or wire me $ and/or paypal me. I will ask for all of the payment now to lock in their seats, then I will pass the $ to Jetblue via credit card - which also helps me earn some miles!

#5 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
          • 355 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

You will find that most airlines will have a minimum of 10 people, and you require 1 person to handle the booking. My suggestion is that if you find the rate you like, call/email people that are going; tell them what it is, and the cut off date to book. Have them send the money to you by then.  Airlines will usually give you anywhere between 24hours to 1 week before they let the booking go.

#6 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
            • 127 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

I don't know why I'm not comfortable asking my guests for money :confused: kathy, right now the flights look like they are about $500 roundtrip. Did JetBlue offer you way better rate?

#7 AnabellaT

AnabellaT
              • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hi all,

We are getting married August 2011.  We got a group rate through AirTran and the prices are around $400 per person.  They also require a 10-person minimum!  Good luck!  :)

#8 krazedtrader

krazedtrader
                • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Yes! $314 RT for my dates (against $444 quoted online)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users