Hello to all the brides with upcoming weddings at Dreams Resort PVR.  I just returned from a 10 day stay.  We booked the Ultimate wedding package for 16 adults and 2 children.  I had very few extras.  Prior to our trip I requested that they send me a final total for everything.  They gave me a price, and I budgeted for that amount.  I paid bills before we left and had very little wiggle room.  When we arrived I found out that the price given to me was about $500 less then what we actually owed.  They had forgotten to add in a few extras.  We spent the first day there trying to rearrange finances to allow for this extra cost.  We were able to figure things out, and then the afternoon before my wedding I found out that they had mistakingly never took out the origianl $500 deposit from the year before, and wanted more money.  This was a horrible experience for the day before my wedding.  The coordinator decided a good time to tell me this is 6 days after we arrive and the day before my wedding in the lobby in front of my guests. Due to their unorganized wedding coordination and inability to keep wedding coordinators I had to cancel my bonfire that was supposed to happen that evening.  Please before you leave make sure all financial aspects are taken care of and that you bring copies of all emails and receipts so that you do not experience what I did. 

Thanks to my parents dealing with the situation the wedding day went well.  As unorganized and unprofessional as Dreams was with my wedding the ceremony and reception turned out beautifully.  The food was terrific and my guests had fun.  I will tell anyone on the fence about the DJ that if you have a small group like I did it isn't worth it.  We just rented the sound system and used music from our IPOD.  Also be very clear on your timelines.  My husband and I missed our entire cocktail hour and Mariachi band because we were taking pictures the entire time.  The resort is beautiful and we had a blast except for the $ issues before the wedding. 

My only other advice is to have your guests call ahead and confirm their room.  Three of the couples is my group were given rooms with 2 double beds and not the King size they had requested.  I had to fight for them to get the rooms they had requested.  Also if you have children in your group you are not allowed in the Portofino restuarant.  I had my two daughters with me and they did not tell me this.  We were supposed to have dinner with our guests the night before the wedding there.  Another activity I had to cancel due to the resorts poor comunication.

Would I go back...I doubt it.  It was beautiful but way too many headaches.

No Problem and good luck.  If you are able to show all payments and double and triple check all costs you should be good!  Even with all of the issues the wedding was beautiful and we really did enjoy the resort outside of the wedding as well.  If you are daring I would really recommend the Los Veranos canopy tour it was the best time I have had and the tour guides are ton of fun.  Also the dolphin adventure in Nuevo Vallarta is worth the money. 

I don't know what you've booked but we were in the perferred club and it is well worth the money!  It was amazing.  Everything in the gift shops you can find on the board walk down town for like 1/2 the price!

We did sign a contract and it stated they had the $500 but then they said it was our responsibility to  make sure the money had actually been removed.  Technically I probably could pull a lawyer about the contract but I am just glad to be done with everything and only want to remeber everything good.  The resort in the end ate about $150 the misplaced $500 but that was after a lot of tears and fighting.

Also the contract was broken down into different pieces and ended up being misleading.

that really is a bummer that they did not take out the deposit.  Did you ever confirm in your account that the deposit was taken out.  Part of the responsibility is on you unfortunately either with a confirmation from them or confirmation from your own account.

Also, you can make any request you want, but those are ONLY requests.  The only way to guarantee a king bed is to pay extra $$ to get it.  The resort only has so many king beds and those are usually reserved for the honeymoon suites.  This has been posted throughout the forum.

I am not trying to be negative but just want to make it clear to future brides what to expect.  Do your research.

Originally Posted by Cass423 View Post

Hello to all the brides with upcoming weddings at Dreams Resort PVR.  I just returned from a 10 day stay.  We booked the Ultimate wedding package for 16 adults and 2 children.  I had very few extras.  Prior to our trip I requested that they send me a final total for everything.  They gave me a price, and I budgeted for that amount.  I paid bills before we left and had very little wiggle room.  When we arrived I found out that the price given to me was about $500 less then what we actually owed.  They had forgotten to add in a few extras.  We spent the first day there trying to rearrange finances to allow for this extra cost.  We were able to figure things out, and then the afternoon before my wedding I found out that they had mistakingly never took out the origianl $500 deposit from the year before, and wanted more money.  This was a horrible experience for the day before my wedding.  The coordinator decided a good time to tell me this is 6 days after we arrive and the day before my wedding in the lobby in front of my guests. Due to their unorganized wedding coordination and inability to keep wedding coordinators I had to cancel my bonfire that was supposed to happen that evening.  Please before you leave make sure all financial aspects are taken care of and that you bring copies of all emails and receipts so that you do not experience what I did. 

Thanks to my parents dealing with the situation the wedding day went well.  As unorganized and unprofessional as Dreams was with my wedding the ceremony and reception turned out beautifully.  The food was terrific and my guests had fun.  I will tell anyone on the fence about the DJ that if you have a small group like I did it isn't worth it.  We just rented the sound system and used music from our IPOD.  Also be very clear on your timelines.  My husband and I missed our entire cocktail hour and Mariachi band because we were taking pictures the entire time.  The resort is beautiful and we had a blast except for the $ issues before the wedding. 

My only other advice is to have your guests call ahead and confirm their room.  Three of the couples is my group were given rooms with 2 double beds and not the King size they had requested.  I had to fight for them to get the rooms they had requested.  Also if you have children in your group you are not allowed in the Portofino restuarant.  I had my two daughters with me and they did not tell me this.  We were supposed to have dinner with our guests the night before the wedding there.  Another activity I had to cancel due to the resorts poor comunication.

Would I go back...I doubt it.  It was beautiful but way too many headaches.

Originally Posted by Cass423 View Post

We did sign a contract and it stated they had the $500 but then they said it was our responsibility to  make sure the money had actually been removed.  Technically I probably could pull a lawyer about the contract but I am just glad to be done with everything and only want to remeber everything good.  The resort in the end ate about $150 the misplaced $500 but that was after a lot of tears and fighting.

Also the contract was broken down into different pieces and ended up being misleading.

this is great that they ate part of the deposit.  not many resorts would do that.  It is not like you paid the $$ and they lost it, they just never withdrew the funds.

also, what would you sue for?  i am a little confused?

Also, you can make any request you want, but those are ONLY requests.  The only way to guarantee a king bed is to pay extra $$ to get it.  The resort only has so many king beds and those are usually reserved for the honeymoon suites.  This has been posted throughout the forum.

I booked my rooms thru a travel agent and they didn't tell me it was extra $$ for a king size bed.  Do the jr suites have king size beds? 

Originally Posted by vollydolly View Post

I booked my rooms thru a travel agent and they didn't tell me it was extra $$ for a king size bed.  Do the jr suites have king size beds? 

not all the rooms/suites have king sized beds.  only some of them do so when you put the request in they cannot always guarantee it.  The only way to guarantee that you get a king sized bed is to book a room/suite that has a king sized bed (usually honeymoon suite or 1 bedroom suite) but those are usually extra.  when I book for my clients that are the bride and groom and they are just booking a standard room I put the request in for a king sized bed when i make the booking, then follow up by sending an email to the resort with the booking information and again asking for a king size bed since my clients are getting married/honeymooning BUT if people actually book and pay for all the rooms with the king sized beds, they will obviously not be for those wanting the king bed for a free upgrade.

vollydolly, not sure what resort, what tower you booked in so I am not sure what the bed situation is.  you should def. ask your ta.

i hope i made sense.

I expected to hear from an advocate for the resort and obviously it is your job to show support for your employer but there was a huge lack of organization and professionalism during my stay prior to my wedding.  I did thank Eleane for her work.  They did as i said a beautiful job on the ceremony and the reception, but the day before my wedding was a nightmare and yes I can take some of the responsiblitlity but I put most of the issues on the Dreams staff.