Photo

UNIQUE 'bridesmaids' gifts - Please help!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 megsosborn

megsosborn
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

I am really struggling with gift ideas for my 2 best friends who are coming down for my wedding in the Dominican Republic.  I am not having bridesmaids but they are the closest thing to it.  I have known these girls for most of my life; they knew my Dad before he passed away and ran the last 10 miles of my last marathon with me when I was having a hard time - they are my family.  My wedding is coming up soon, May 27th and I still haven' thought of anything yet.  If anyone has any suggestion that would be awesome!

I don't want to get anything monogrammed, or pretty much anything that you would typically get for a bridesmaid.  I just feel like I have so much going on right now that I can't thingk clearly about this :P

Thanks so much for the help!!!!

#2 Ashleyciv

Ashleyciv
    • 107 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

I wanted to get my bridesmaids something that they will use again..because all the weddings ive been in i have never used anything ive gotten..so i was think of getting them Tiffany earrings or a coach wristlet!!

#3 Marlena

Marlena
      • 254 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:31 AM

I like the idea of a Tiffany bracelet. This one is very pretty, and under 150 dollars! It's definately something that your bridesmaids will cherish and wear again.

#4 Marlena

Marlena
        • 254 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

I tried to cut and paste from their website, but check out their silver bracelets in the under $250 dollar section and you will find something nice there!  

#5 skp1

skp1
          • 405 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:46 AM

Tiffany is always a good bet.  Also, what spa gift certificate at the resort?  Or if you have time, maybe you can plan an outing with just the 2 of them.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#6 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

I think I'm going to do something from Tiffany as well.

#7 redginger

redginger
            • 360 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

A special outing or spa day with them are definitely nice gifts too.

Originally Posted by skp1 

Tiffany is always a good bet.  Also, what spa gift certificate at the resort?  Or if you have time, maybe you can plan an outing with just the 2 of them.

#8 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
              • 335 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

If you're all in the same city, I like the idea of a spa outing too...then you get quality time together which is often the best gift!

#9 ellenj01

ellenj01
                • 161 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

One of my favorite gifts was a silver monogramed frame, with a nice quotation on it.  I still have it up in my house.  

#10 paulsmith

paulsmith
                  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

Personalized gifts are ideal present to give bridesmaids. You might, as an example, give out some simple, yet sublime, jewellery like a chain, pendant or bracelet with the bridesmaid’s name or personal information like this

HB10_10243.jpg

Otherwise, you could gift her a personalized silver photo frame with an image of you and her. For example

JDS11_GC859Blue.jpg

Alternatively, a personalized bag with their name or initials would also make them happy

CA11_2131_2.jpg

Other options may be a personalized shaped jewellery box or wine, chocolates and spa gift baskets. I did some research online to look for a website where I could find these gift items and I came across this website called Blue Chopsticks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users