Sign in to follow this  
Spazz

Memorial candles?

Has anyone used a "memorial candle" at the wedding to remember a loved one? I've been looking online and found a million sites that sell them, but was wondering if anyone has a good recommendation? Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendan View Post
Who are you getting the candle for (if you don't mind me asking?)
I think I want to get 1 for both my dad and FI's dad.

What great idea! I love this - I'll have to look into it some more. I'll let you know what I find...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeka View Post
What great idea! I love this - I'll have to look into it some more. I'll let you know what I find...
Thanks! I am hoping to have a small table set up at dinner with their pictures, maybe a poem and the candles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz10179 View Post
I think I want to get 1 for both my dad and FI's dad.

The reason I ask is because I saw something once on "Whose Wedding is it Anyway" that I thought was really cool.

When your FI steps infront of the altar, he can walk up to the chair that his dad would have been sitting in, and he can place a single rose on it. And then when you walk down the aisle, you too can place a single rose on the seat your dad would have sat in. This gives me chills everytime I tell someone about it. It's such a meaningful gesture and everyone will see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendan View Post
The reason I ask is because I saw something once on "Whose Wedding is it Anyway" that I thought was really cool.

When your FI steps infront of the altar, he can walk up to the chair that his dad would have been sitting in, and he can place a single rose on it. And then when you walk down the aisle, you too can place a single rose on the seat your dad would have sat in. This gives me chills everytime I tell someone about it. It's such a meaningful gesture and everyone will see it.
That is awesome! Thanks for telling me that, very good idea.

Make sure you have a hurricane vase or something like that to light the candle in. It would be awful if the memorial candle blew out!