Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun Brides

Below are a few pictures of the set up and stuff. :) I have tons more, if you want a few more I can email them to you if you message me. Or if you can't view them I'll email them to you too.

Before the private function was 5 hours (two years ago when we started planning) so we were thinking that was what we were getting, we were unaware they changed it at the one year mark of our planning. It all worked out though. The food was reallllly good for the reception. We had a plated reception and chose the chicken and filet. Both were amazing! I was a little upset at the extra charge for the dinner since it is all inclusive but this is standard with other resorts as well which made me feel a little better paying it. The bar tenders brought trays of shots to the dance floor so the guests didn't have to keep going to the bar as often which was really nice. Remember the three hours goes by super fast. You eat for around an hour and then do the first dances and garter and such for a half hour it seems. You only get 1.5 hours after that to dance and enjoy. After that you would have to move to the lobby bar inside.

Also, you get wristbands when you arrive at the resort that you have to leave on through your stay. For the wedding all guests can remove them so they don't end up in pictures but you MUST KEEP IT! The next day you go to the desk with your band and they give you a new one to leave on the remainder of your stay. It's annoying because you have to keep moving it around so you don't get a tan line! Remember to move it around! lol

post-64285-138622502933_thumb.jpg

post-64285-138622502939_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to post some info for all Fiesta Brides! Lis is absolutely amazing. She does her best to accomodate everyone of your concerns. I got married there in November with 55 friends and families. The resort is perfect not to big that you loose one another but more than enough space and beach to accomodate everyones wants. 

I did a private reception as well on the upper pool deck and actually did the ceremony in location no one had every tried before. I used the upper deck outside the lounge towards the ocean. I still got to wear my heels and my husband still got his tropical back ground. It was beautiful. We did a buffet dinner and everyone loved it. We requested to have the BBq's out there and it just added to the atmosphere. I asked for some of the lighting to be changed to suit are theme (the regular colors had yellow and red in them, which I didn't like) I used an outside photographer and florist which did a beautiful job. (they will charge you extra for the photographers entrance but since we had family friends that lived in Mexico and were attending we just booked at triple room and put them as guest even though they weren't staying. We also had the jacuzzi problem earlier in the day but my brother kindly asked them to leave and they did. Little things are going to happen, but don't let is spoil your day. People lined up  against the windows and balconies to watch our ceremony but everyone was respectful and no one walked through it. 

I honestly love the job Lis did and the resort is the best you'll find in service in all of Mexico, I love to travel and I have never met such warm and friendly service in my life! I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Good luck brides!

post-72250-138622503355_thumb.jpg

post-72250-138622503372_thumb.jpg

post-72250-138622503388_thumb.jpg

post-72250-138622503407_thumb.jpg

post-72250-138622503425_thumb.jpg

post-72250-138622503433_thumb.jpg

post-72250-138622503448_thumb.jpg

post-72250-138622503455_thumb.jpg

This thread is so helpful. We are getting married on February 21, 2014 at FAC. Our ceremony will be on the beach. The cocktail hour on the lower pool deck and the reception on the upper pool deck. We've decided to use the hotels photographer and DJ in the interest of keeping things simple. Anyone have feedback on either? Also, I am a little concerned about having my hair/makeup done there without a trial. Anyone else get theirs done by the hotel and do you have sample photos?

Forgot some other things I wanted to ask: What did you do for favors? I have some ideas but we want it to be something our guests will love since they are traveling to cancun for us. Did you give out of town bags? I understand the hotel charges a delivery fee per bag. Any ideas on doing this more efficiently? What about music for the ceremony? We have the sound technician and Lis told us to bring 5 songs on a CD. I'm having trouble choosing.

• 2 weeks later...

I got married here in February. We had about 20 guests. We got married on the beach and had a private reception on the upper pool area. The food was very good, I believe we had the ahi salad, white bean soup, and the chicken and fillet. Since we had cake we asked Lis if we could do an app instead of dessert and she said that was fine so we had the tempura shrimp and it was excellent. We used FineArt Studio for a photographer and cenote TTD and they were AMAZING. They cost more than the whole wed dding but worth every $. We did not get any flowers, only my bouquet which was part of my package, or really any other ad-ons. The resort is very nice, a little on the smaller side and no disco but we all had a lot of fun. The pool was a little cold in February but we did not stop us from swimming everyday. We thought all of the restaurants were very good, I never had the buffet though. I really liked the civiche bar and hung out there for lunch everyday. I wish I could have one of those fish tacos now :) 

Unlike the other reviews I was not happy with Lis, she was very nice and I liked her a lot, but she made a BIG mistake. My husband and I wrote our own vows and ceremony script and  after I walked down the aisle and was being married the officiant started reading something that was not our ceremony. We did not want to stop the wedding so we just did her generic script. It still makes sad thinking about it. We spent months writing it and it was very personal and perfect for us. My husband has mentioned several times that he doesn't even feel married because the whole time we were thinking about how that was not our script and not about our vows to each other. After the wedding I asked her what happened and she apologized and asked if we wanted to re-do it?! We declined obviously. Then all night she kept asking if we wanted to say our vows over dinner/during the dance/after the toasts ect. Then at dinner I had to have my husband make sure they had one vegetarian entree for one of my guests because I knew she had forgot and she did. I think she is very scatter brained and not very detailed. She is very busy (there was at least one wedding everyday we were there) and I understand that, but that was a big mess up. So if something is important to you no matter how many times she reassures you to relax and she has everything handled just keep double checking.

If anyone has any questions about anything at all feel free to PM me.

Miranda, for a "favor" we took everyone on the Captin Hook pirate dinner cruise and it was a lot of fun for everyone. It was pretty expensive once it was all said in done but we wanted to do something to say thank you to all of our guest. We did do out of town bags and my husband just went to the rooms and handed them out. (we only had 20 guests so only 10 rooms). Since we had so few guests we personalized the bags a little and put some nicer gifts in my mom and sisters like swimsuit cover ups. My mom and sister both are hair stylist so they did my hair and makeup. It was REALLY windy at my wedding and I had a loose side braid but I wish I would have just leave it down or put it up tighter because it all kinda fell out anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just returned my contract for October 4, 2014!  Looking forward to more planning, but am interested in anyone's experience with a reception in the ballroom vs. garden?  We are expecting 50-75 guests.  

I am open to any suggestions about planning at the FACC msnwink.gif

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have experience or an opinion regarding where to hold your reception at FACC?  Our date is 10-4-2014 and I would like to have the reception outside, but want it to be relatively private too.  I am worried that an indoor reception may look too sterile, like a conference room, or too much like a prom set-up.  I am leaning towards the garden terrace.  Any thoughts?  

Also has anyone had their hair and make-up done onsite?  I don't usually wear much make-up and am concerned I wont look like myself if they go too overboard. LOL  

I'm also trying to decide if I should reserve a block of rooms for guests. I know you can find better rates on other travel websites.  When you reserve a group rate with the hotel, can you guarantee your guests can get the most updated rooms?  I'm worried that if everyone books through other websites they will get stuck with the older pick of the rooms.  Any experiences with allowing guests to book their travel independently?    

I appreciate any help!