Gifts or favors for children?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 redginger

• 360 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Is anyone doing different gifts, favors or OOT bags for children? We'll have a number of children attending and would like to get them something different from the adult guests. Thanks for your help!

#2 DramaticAnnie

• 281 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

I am planning on doing something different for the kids. I have my Godson and some nieces and nephews coming, I was going to get my Godson (who is only going to be 3 at the time) some age appropriate stuff, probably a little pack of crayons and see if i can find a wedding coloring book or something like that, plus I was looking at the Oriental Trading website and they have stuff like a dozen inflatable mini beach balls for $5.99, I was going to get things like that, and I also picked up some Lipsmackers chapsticks when they were on sale for the girls.

I've seen other people do water guns as well, you'll find lots of ideas on the oriental trading site, what about inflatable pool toys, kid sunglasses, hats? Just some ideas..

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
      ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#3 eholt

• 528 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Is there a Fove Below store in your area?  I went there and created a nice goodie bag for the one child attending.  I call it the stocking stuffer store...all types of really cool stuff!

May 19, 2011
        Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
        Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4 ellenj01

• 161 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

I was going to suggest Oriental Trading as well!  It is a great place to get large amounts of toys and things like that.  I use it for my classroom a lot.  We don't have too many kids coming, so we are getting those who do come some neat little things that will keep them occupied and make the parents' lives easier.  I was thinking beach balls, beach pails, coloring books, those types of things.  You could also just throw a few things in the adult bags if you want too!  Good luck!

#5 redginger

• 360 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

Those are all great ideas....thank you Ladies!

#6 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

I wish we had children coming because it sounds like so much fun putting together bags for them!!

#7 xtenna

• 154 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

I only have 3 kids attending.  2 Are toddlers.  I am adding coloring books, fun lip blam and a book for the 8 year old...for the toddlers I am adding beach balls & bubbles to the parents ott bags

June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

#8 Ms Di

Ms Di
              • 153 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:02 AM

I love the fact you ladies remember the kids ned soemthign special also. THey get left out so much of the time.

#9 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                • 423 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

I just picked up sand buckets, shovels etc. from Walmart for the 4 kids coming to our wedding. It'll keep them busy for hours building sand castles on the beach!

#10 Mmack

• 118 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

Great ideas....walmart is def a good idea!

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users