Photo

10 months for dress to come in?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 stacy75

stacy75
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

I found THE ONE I was told that it takes 10 months to arrive from the designer. It's a San Patrick by Pronovias. I'd love to post a pic but I have searched online forever and can't find it. I'm thinking that 10 months is a looong time for a dress to come in. Does that sound normal to you guys? The place that i'm ordering it from is listed as an authorized dealer so i'm not worried about that...but 10 months?? That sounds crazy to me. How long did it take for your dresses to arrive after ordering?

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:54 AM

That sounds like a REALLY long time. My store told me 4 months, but then it arrived within 1 month. But, if you're wedding is not til next November, even if it does take that long, you should have plenty of time for alterations (if needed).

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

I was told 9 months for mine to come in and I got a call in 4 months saying it was there. So I think they tell you that just to be on the safe side.. Unless it's one of those dresses that they measure you for, and it comes in for the prefect fit, then I can see it taking that long..

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

10 months does seem long. Perhaps you can check at a different salon? I have always heard 6-8 months, which I even thought THAT was long!

#5 NYJen

NYJen
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:56 AM

The store must be just protecting themselves with that timeline. They probably don't want to promise you too short a time period and then have a nervous bride if it doesn't come in when you thought it would.

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

Mine took about 3 1/2 months. That does seem way too long but as Jen said, they are probably erring on the side of caution. I bet it comes in sooner.

#7 starfish kate

starfish kate
              • 455 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

My sister's dress took exactly 9 months to come in- they took all of her measurements so she shouldn't need too many alterations. We're going on Saturday for a fitting and they said she should only need one.... Hope so because her wedding is October 7th!
                Kate

#8 JessicaM

JessicaM
                • Vendor
                • 1,969 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

Whoa...I had no idea it took that long to get a dress in. I better start looking, I thought I had plenty of time!!

#9 stacy75

stacy75
                  • 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TammyB
                    I was told 9 months for mine to come in and I got a call in 4 months saying it was there. So I think they tell you that just to be on the safe side..
                    That makes sense. She told me 10 months to come in and then an extra 2 months for alterations. Maybe they are just protecting themselves. I'm checking with other salons to see if they carry the dress but i'm not too optimistic about them having it...I've been to quite a few already and haven't seen this dress and like I said earlier, I can't for the life of me find this dress online. You never know though..
                    Thanks for all of your replies!

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:13 PM

that does seem a little long, but since you have the time, i wouldn't worry about it - it will probably come in early. mine was 4-6 mos. and it took almost 6!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users