Photo

Slow, slow response time from Jamaican vendors?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 redginger

redginger
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

I know that people are more laid-back in Jamaica and always hear that they are on "island time". To be honest, I get so frustrated with our wedding coordinator and vendors -- who all seem to take weeks to respond to emails. It's frustrating when we're trying to make monetary-related decisions and need their feedback or information. Do I just need to accept and live with this slow response time? If you're a vendor on this forum, please consider that this slow response time is not typical in most professions.

#2 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
    • 447 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

Yes, I believe we all have experienced the same thing. But it seems as though all the brides agree that once they are there the coordinators are on-top of everything. personally, I would rather have them focused on me during my wedding then answering tons of email and phone calls regarding upcoming weddings.

#3 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
      • 610 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

Take a deep breathe and relax.  :)  I know it gets frustrating when you just have a simple question to be answered and it takes a while to get the response.  Just try to remember the reason you're having a DW... a lot less stressful!!!  Honestly, there isn't much you need to do until you actually get down there and meet with the WC a couple days before.  They do this day in and day out with hundreds of brides to "deal" with!  No Worries Mon!  Besides, that's what this forum is for... ask away!!!  Odds are there are many brides on this forum who can answer your questions!

If you need a WC/vendor that responds right away, then perhaps change resorts/vendors or even the island!  But trust me, your wedding will be perfect even though it takes 3-7 days to get a response.

Relax, you're getting married in paradise to the man of your dreams!!!!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#4 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
        • 447 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

Take a deep breathe and relax.  :)  I know it gets frustrating when you just have a simple question to be answered and it takes a while to get the response.  Just try to remember the reason you're having a DW... a lot less stressful!!!  Honestly, there isn't much you need to do until you actually get down there and meet with the WC a couple days before.  They do this day in and day out with hundreds of brides to "deal" with!  No Worries Mon!  Besides, that's what this forum is for... ask away!!!  Odds are there are many brides on this forum who can answer your questions!

If you need a WC/vendor that responds right away, then perhaps change resorts/vendors or even the island!  But trust me, your wedding will be perfect even though it takes 3-7 days to get a response.

Relax, you're getting married in paradise to the man of your dreams!!!!!

Great response!

#5 redginger

redginger
          • 360 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:45 PM

Thank you ladies! Your feedback and advice are so helpful! I feel much better now and will try not to stress :-)

#6 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
            • 610 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

That's good, but also know this is the perfect place to vent as well!! LOL I've definitely needed to a couple of times! LOL  The brides on here definitely help to calm nerves!  :)

Originally Posted by redginger 

Thank you ladies! Your feedback and advice are so helpful! I feel much better now and will try not to stress :-)

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users