Photo

The Royal Wedding!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Avelyad

Avelyad
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

I wish I could hve seen more! But that'd what a DVR is for! I love her dress - very classy. Not what I would wear, but I'm not very classy ;)

#12 bride3183

bride3183
    • 173 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

I love love love her dress.  I thought it was perfect, and not boring at all with the right amount of edge.  I am a sucker for lace though because that's what I'm wearing!

Dreams Los Cabos - October 29, 2011

#13 daizyduke

daizyduke
      • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

I think she looked beautiful.  Not my choice of dress, but she looked great in it.

#14 merrylee

merrylee
        • 687 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:45 AM

I thought her dress was beautiful and I was excited to see a sleeved dress only because it might give more options to someone like me who doesn't necessarily like the arms and shoulders that would be seen in a strapless gown.  So *maybe* there will be options for me now.

#15 acireta

acireta
          • Site Supporter
          • 750 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:32 AM

Me too, I would totally wear that dress if I were doing a winter church wedding. I don't think lace sleeves will work in the Caribbean in spring, unfortunately!

I thought her dress was beautiful and I was excited to see a sleeved dress only because it might give more options to someone like me who doesn't necessarily like the arms and shoulders that would be seen in a strapless gown.  So *maybe* there will be options for me now.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#16 lesee

lesee
            • 320 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

At first glance I was disappointed - I wanted something a bit more fashion forward. But the lace work at the bodice must've taken FOREVER as it was so symetrical. The lace on the bottom part of the dress was reminiscent of Alexander McQueen's last collection which I LOVED...very regal. The lines in the back were amazing. I believe that she had to have her shoulders covered and maintain a lot of modesty due to Westminster Abby's request?

I personally would have not chosen that dress - but I absolutely appreciate the talent and craftmanship that went into making it.

I *almost* preferred Pippa's dress.

#17 SChica927

SChica927
              • 230 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:23 AM

I loved loved LOVED her dress! I thought it was incredibly elegant and classy, very appropo! I did expect to see her in something like Pippa, but I was happy to be surprised as well...

And her reception gown was gorgeous! I love how elegant she is, and she's SO photogenic! Love it!

I loved the hats! This one was my favorite, but only because I couldn't figure out how it stayed on...!!

tomkinson.jpg

#18 merrylee

merrylee
                • 687 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

Yeah I don't want want to wear long sleeves but I want options but I loved Pippa's dress especially the necklines

#19 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
                  • 335 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

I loved her evening dress and thought she looked beautiful for the reception.  For the actual ceremony, I thought her veil was a little bit too opaque and that her hair was unexciting! That being said, she still looked beautiful! 

#20 Manda123

Manda123
                    • 380 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:23 PM

I loved everything about that dress... and the entire wedding for that matter. I'm a teacher and I made all three of my classes watch the first 20 minutes of the ceremony last Friday. Hey - it's an important historical moment, right?! We had a viewing party and had hot chocolate and scones!

My fiance wants to delete it of the PVR since the coverage I recorded is taking up 10 hours of space... Is it weird that I won't let him do it? Haha. I'm a little obsessed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users