20 replies to this topic

#1 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:12 AM

Who watched? What'd you think? I did! I'm drooling over Catherine's McQueen dress, holy beautiful! Posted Image Obviously I love weddings but I just thought it was spectacular. You really can't beat a royal wedding :) Posted Image Posted from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

#2 JQLong

JQLong
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:36 AM

She looked amazing.....

All I kept thinking.....was my fiance is not royalty....but he is my Prince Charming....I can't wait until my royal wedding!  May 20, 2012!

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
    • 328 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

The wedding was lovely. Catherine looked great and very reminiscent of Princess Grace. I thought the dress was pretty, but boring and predictable. I was hoping she would wear a more modern silhouette. Her sister's dress was more in line with what I thought she herself would wear actually. But, she still looked radiant and I wish her all the joy and happiness in the world for her day.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
      Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#4 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

LOL!!!

She did look amazing but I was not a fan of the dress. It was pretty but as AfricanVenus said I expected something more modern.

Originally Posted by JQLong 

She looked amazing.....

All I kept thinking.....was my fiance is not royalty....but he is my Prince Charming....I can't wait until my royal wedding!  May 20, 2012!

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

I didn't expect to watch it but I got caught up in it when I turned on the TV this morning. I thought that the dress was nice & she looked pretty, but I wasn't blown away by it. Then I thought of how hard all of this must be on her. I'm sure she had an amazing day & she was happy but just imagine having a wedding where you have "traditions" that MUST be followed. From her dress & having her shoulders covered, to her flowers, to the tiara, there were certain things she had to do no matter what. Just crazy! lol...She seems to have taken it all in stride though.

#6 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
          • 447 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

Haven't "watched" any of it but saw the pictures. i thought her dress was beautiful even if she didn't do modern and stuck to tradition. I thought it was respectful of her!

#7 JenK

JenK
            • 302 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:39 PM

I was surprised by the dress but I thought she looked absolutely beautiful and classy! I just heard that she wore a second dress to the reception so I can't wait to see that!

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

Evening gown: Posted Image Posted from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

It's so similar to the wedding gown, I'm sure they styled it that way on purpose. So today I did nothing but watch the wedding and coverage :) Fun lazy day! I'm obsizzled ;) Posted from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

#10 X-Chan

X-Chan
              • 166 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

I loooved her dress! I thought she looked incredibly elegant and beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users