Photo

Linen shirt question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 krmiller

krmiller
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

We just bought my fiance and the groomsmen white Perry Ellis linen shirts and the are pretty see-through.  Is this normal for all linen shirts?  Would they wear an undershirt underneath?  I think that would look a little funny and be hot since we are getting married in June.  Thanks in advance!!!

#2 deesanders33

deesanders33
    • 329 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

Well I think it depends on the brand of linen shirts. Has he tried it on with an under shirt to see what it looks like??

#3 royalbride610

royalbride610
      • 172 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

They should definitely wear a t-shirt underneath!  It's hot, but thats the point, if they sweat the sweat will be very visible through their shirts if they don't have anything under it.  And I've seen some wedding pics with some sweaty grooms & groomsmen and I think in order for it to just look nice overall, have them wear a t-shirt.

#4 krmiller

krmiller
        • 239 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

Thanks ladies!  He hasn't tried it on with an undershirt yet, but I will have him do that this week.  I don't want a sweaty looking goom/groomsmen!!

#5 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
          • 161 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

Actually, I just had the same situation with my guy. We just got back from Jamaica and the groomsmen were wearing linen shirts that were somewhat see through.  They all wore white undershirts underneath. My husband (wow - weird to say that!) sweats quite a bit and you could not tell at all.  I think the undershirt actually helped with respect to that issue. Good luck!

Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#6 krmiller

krmiller
            • 239 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:15 AM

Thanks for the info & CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Originally Posted by Mellyrox 

Actually, I just had the same situation with my guy. We just got back from Jamaica and the groomsmen were wearing linen shirts that were somewhat see through.  They all wore white undershirts underneath. My husband (wow - weird to say that!) sweats quite a bit and you could not tell at all.  I think the undershirt actually helped with respect to that issue. Good luck!

#7 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

I would have never thought about wearing a t-shirt underneath! Great suggestion!

#8 xtenna

xtenna
              • 154 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

Def wear a t-shirt, bc it will look a little off in the pics.  Good luck!

June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

#9 harkatea

harkatea
                • 161 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

Sorry, but I've just run into this one as well.  Don't the t-shirts under the long sleeve shirts look a bit weird though?  My FI has a see through shirt too....which we knew would need an undershirt.  But now we can't stand the undershirt lines that are made.

#10 babymila17

babymila17
                  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Can anyone recommend where I can find nice white linen shirts?
                    Thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users